Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What konck out was more shocking Tarver vs. Jones or Marquez vs Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that the first knockdown was more shocking then the knockout? The KO of Pacquiao was still very shocking though. Jones-Tarver is just behind in terms of shock value.
    Manny has been knocked down before but being knocked out cold is on a completely different level.

Comment

You could see in Pacquiao-Marquez that they were throwing bombs. They'd been hyping up a knock out and it was clear that neither had the intention of going the distance.

Tarver-Jones tore down the air of invincibility that Jones had previously had.

Comment

Tarver icing Roy was a lil' more shocking to me...didn't see that coming...NEVER saw Roy hurt before so that was major in my eyes

Comment

tarver was actually known as a puncher, and roy got up before the tenth

the pacquiao fight even after about 3 days felt like a dream, always thought pacquiao had the type of chin where you would never see him taken completely out like that, just stopped on his feet or struggling to get up for the 10 count after a brutal beating
          and marquez was not a puncher and most fans before that agreed that it was almost impossible for marquez to ever stop pacquiao

Comment

Tarver/Jones big time for me. Marquez/Pac was shocking but we seen Pac lose, get kayoed, and also knew Marquez was the better fighter from the third fight. To me that kayo was shocking by the way it went down and by the impact but the Tarver/Jones kayo was not only shocking by the way it went down but completely shocking that it even happened.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
              tarver was actually known as a puncher, and roy got up before the tenth

the pacquiao fight even after about 3 days felt like a dream, always thought pacquiao had the type of chin where you would never see him taken completely out like that, just stopped on his feet or struggling to get up for the 10 count after a brutal beating
              and marquez was not a puncher and most fans before that agreed that it was almost impossible for marquez to ever stop pacquiao
              If you want to get "forensic" you may want to have a closer look at the KO. I don't remember seeing Roy hook his foot and pitch forward into Tarver's left hand..

Comment

The Tarver KO came out of nowhere and early against a virtually undefeated Roy Jones Jr.

Pacquiao has been knocked out twice before, knocked down with a jab by Hussein, and Marquez gave us a glimpse of what was coming in the 3rd round when he knocked Pacquiao down for the first time.

Tarver-Jones was more shocking. Those who were not around boxing like that in the early 2000s can not understand how shocking that was, so they will pick Pacquiao-Marquez by default.

Comment

tHIS QUESTION is impossible to answer

why?

Because 80% of these posters weren't even watching boxing when Tarver glassed Jones.

If they were.. you will know that Tarver knocking out Jones was one of the most shocking KO'S of all times

Roy looked much more invincible than Pac ever did at any time.

Even the first fight.. he clearly won it.. it was just his toughest fight but everyone thought that was just his weight draining issue.

The 2nd fight he said the drain was gone and everyone though Roy was back.

Comment

If the Tarver/Jones KO had remained an isolated event and not something that was repeated in literally Roy's next fight and fights afterward it would have gone down as one of the more shocking events in sports history. I thought the f***ing world was ending when that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                      tHIS QUESTION is impossible to answer

why?

Because 80% of these posters weren't even watching boxing when Tarver glassed Jones.

If they were.. you will know that Tarver knocking out Jones was one of the most shocking KO'S of all times

Roy looked much more invincible than Pac ever did at any time.

Even the first fight.. he clearly won it.. it was just his toughest fight but everyone thought that was just his weight draining issue.

The 2nd fight he said the drain was gone and everyone though Roy was back.
                      The infamous "You got any excuses tongiht Roy??"

Comment

Working...
                      X