Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will a 21-24 year old Fernando Vargas do in today's 154 Division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    Vargas getting seriously underratd. Prime Vargas is on top of this division, no doubt in my mind.
    Not in the era of random drug testing he wouldn't.

Comment

He beats everyone in that sorry ass division.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
        Vargas getting seriously underratd. Prime Vargas is on top of this division, no doubt in my mind.
        Vargas never hit his prime, he was ruined by his ******ed promoters. He was a unique talent and could have been so much more and would have been in this era where top fighters are babied and carefully brought along.

Comment

he beats every one tbh

Comment

He beats them all IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              He smokes everyone he knocks Kirkland out in 1 or 2. He destroyes Lara.

Tko's cotto and Canelo
              ^^^^^^this!! And I'm
              A. Vargas hater

Comment

Vargas beats everyone. Young Vargas was a beast, I remember watching when he beat Yori Boy Campas winning the title at 21. Some posters here are underrating him because they arent old enough to have watched him in his prime.

He is a product of bad management being pushed to fast and ruined! Vargas beats everyone in this class. Oscar and Tito also beats everyone in this class.

Comment

was vargas supposed to wait a couple years for trinidad to leave the division or lose? isn't that what canelo and floyd are doing right now? why would you want someone to do that? only fans of duckers would think vargas was better because he racked up a couple more bums on his ledger rather than facing a legit threat like trinidad. then those same people could play the what if vargas fought trinidad game that fans of duckers play all the time. vargas took his chance at greatness. something floyd and canelo won't do.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    was vargas supposed to wait a couple years for trinidad to leave the division or lose? isn't that what canelo and floyd are doing right now? why would you want someone to do that? only fans of duckers would think vargas was better because he racked up a couple more bums on his ledger rather than facing a legit threat like trinidad. then those same people could play the what if vargas fought trinidad game that fans of duckers play all the time. vargas took his chance at greatness. something floyd and canelo won't do.
                    Vargas should have waited. He should have hit prime first then go after the top fighters. I understand what he did is considered very admirable but if every elite super talent did what he did, it would have ruined many ATG'S.

A great example is Wladimir Klitschko, Wladimir had the name brand even back in 2000. So should Wlad have went after a still Prime Lewis in 2000? That would have been utter stupidity. Look what happened to Michael Grant. A 6'8 superheavyweight with talent, heart, and skills. He went after Lennox too soon and his career ended when Lennox broke his god damn legs with a turbo punch.

I'm not saying duck people like Riddick Bowe, I'm saying don't rush the young talent in too early and commit career suicide.

Comment

Vargas bests all of them and cotto takes a knee

Comment

Working...
                      X