Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pulev Admits Fight Against Anthony Joshua Will Be "Terrifying"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    Lots of people say this but in reality what exactly has Pulev really done? Who has he beat? He has no power & he is easy to hit. He has a good chin & will stand in there & slug it out in the middle of the ring. The problem is his lack of power will always come back to haunt him when he stands in there with a big puncher. The 2 biggest punchers he has been in the ring with dropped him. Klitschko crushed him & Joey Abell put him on his butt too. Abell is a journeyman but he has a big punch & was able to get to Pulev's chin. He is like Chisora & Takam. Good fighter with a solid chin but lacks one punch power. Pulev's best win is over Chisora & it was a close SD. Who else? He beat Dimitrenko, 40 something Tony Thompson & Ustinov. Do you think any of those guys can be Breazeale, Duhaupas, Washington, Arreola, Szplika or Stiverne? Thompson may of had a chance against a couple of them. I see Wilder & Joshua stopping Pulev. He could walk through Chisora's punches but he won't walk through Wilder or AJ's punches. I doubt he could beat Povetkin. I expect Pulev to get crushed by Joshua. This will be AJ's statement fight as the man to beat. Pulev will be done in 3 rounds.
    Joey Abel can punch, but that wasn't a legit KD he got against Pulev! It was what I call a technical KD .. a punch did land, but Pulev tripped over Abel's foot at the same time.

Believe me, Pulev is a lot better than he looked against Wlad. He is a slow starter, and usually boxes very carefully behind his jab, scoring points and waiting for his opponent to tire before opening up.

But he had some beef about Wlad not doing the same PED testing protocol as him, and Wlad was playing his usual mind control games. Pulev came out wound up, angry, and he just walked right in to Wlad, got bombed by a monster left hook in the first round, and it was all downhill for him from that point on.

Thinking about it, if he is intimidated by AJ, that could end up working in Pulev's favour. A bit of fear might help him do what he does best .. work carefully and cautiously behind his jab at long range.

He has an excellant jab, and good stamina. If AJ can't stop Pulev in the first half of the fight, he could end up with a real struggle on his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Bruh dis why I like you so much. I'm visiting the UK early next year mane, we need to hang out, we like brothers! you can show me where we can chief on some hookah!
      Now that would be funny!

I ain't going B-boying with you doe. I'd break my ankles if I tried any of that schit.

What part of the UK are you visiting?

Comment

3 rounds. Tops.

Comment

it will be 20-0,20 KO for AJ

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            Lots of people say this but in reality what exactly has Pulev really done? Who has he beat? He has no power & he is easy to hit. He has a good chin & will stand in there & slug it out in the middle of the ring. The problem is his lack of power will always come back to haunt him when he stands in there with a big puncher. The 2 biggest punchers he has been in the ring with dropped him. Klitschko crushed him & Joey Abell put him on his butt too. Abell is a journeyman but he has a big punch & was able to get to Pulev's chin. He is like Chisora & Takam. Good fighter with a solid chin but lacks one punch power. Pulev's best win is over Chisora & it was a close SD. Who else? He beat Dimitrenko, 40 something Tony Thompson & Ustinov. Do you think any of those guys can be Breazeale, Duhaupas, Washington, Arreola, Szplika or Stiverne? Thompson may of had a chance against a couple of them. I see Wilder & Joshua stopping Pulev. He could walk through Chisora's punches but he won't walk through Wilder or AJ's punches. I doubt he could beat Povetkin. I expect Pulev to get crushed by Joshua. This will be AJ's statement fight as the man to beat. Pulev will be done in 3 rounds.
            For once I get to disagree with you on something, haha. I'm probably one of the biggest Joshua fans on this site, but I actually think Pulev has a good shot at winning the first few rounds. AJ has been more patient ever since that Whyte fight and I think Pulev could control the first few rounds with his jab. Pulev's resume is more impressive to me.

He knocked out a prime Rossy, pretty much finished Dimitrenko when he was still a name, stopped Ustinov, who is a mammoth of a man and a fringe top 10 guy at HW imo. Then followed that up by outboxing a Tony Thompson that was coming off the 2 KO wins over Price and still a top 5 HW in the world at that time. Now I will say that since the Klitschko loss, Pulev hasn't done as much, but SD or not, he clearly outboxed Chisora all night behind that jab winning 9 or 10 rounds on my card if I remember correctly. I can't think of 5 active HW's that I would rate ahead of Pulev atm now that Klitschko and Fury are gone.

With all that being said, I still think he is getting brutally knocked out within 6, but that has more to do with the continued growth of Joshua than anything regarding Pulev. He would beat either Hughie or Parker if he was fighting one of them for the WBO belt and I could see him giving plenty of other guys a lot of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
              True That! As much as I want Wilder to fight a guy with a pulse for once.. I want that guy to be AJ.
              AJ vs Wilder is a massive and quite frankly I would rather have AJ fight Ortiz after Pulev because I have more faith that AJ can beat Ortiz than Wilder. If Wilder loses then we miss out on the next biggest fight that can be made.. But hopefully he beats Ortiz.. Ortiz is like 60 now and he’s looked awful in last 3 outings.

Yes'sir NahMean. Now that I've read that Wilder-Ortiz is basically official, I'm nervous as **** for Wilder.

But hopefully as you say maybe age has crept up on Ortiz.

And I totally agree with you, I feel more confident in AJ fighting Ortiz than Wilder, but let's see what happens.

I believe Wilder can do it. It may be tough and we may get some scary moments here and there but I think Wilder can pull it off.

And my respect to Wilder for taking this challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post

I believe Wilder can do it. It may be tough and we may get some scary moments here and there but I think Wilder can pull it off.

And my respect to Wilder for taking this challenge.
                You know Wilder is training his ass off right now. He's got his little girl with Spina Bifida to take care of, and wants that big money fight with Joshua so badly.

Ortiz is a bully, but he's never been hit back with real firepower. This time he's going to feel it, and it won't be easy for him!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Now that would be funny!

I ain't going B-boying with you doe. I'd break my ankles if I tried any of that schit.

What part of the UK are you visiting?
                  Bell End, Worcestershire ; do you happen to know if Tony Bellew is from there? I'm hoping to meet the great Joe Calzaghe and three weight champion Ricky Burns! catch me a proper fight while I'm in town for a British title and see what all the fuzz is about with these UK fans, if you change your mind send me a PM.

Comment

Pulev has no chance. Ortiz maybe but we will never see.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                      Bell End, Worcestershire ; do you happen to know if Tony Bellew is from there? I'm hoping to meet the great Joe Calzaghe and three weight champion Ricky Burns! catch me a proper fight while I'm in town for a British title and see what all the fuzz is about with these UK fans, if you change your mind send me a PM.
                      Nah, Bellew isn't from Bell End. It's a good place to visit though. So is Nob End in Lancashire. If you're looking for pussy in Worcestershire, Minge Lane in Upton-upon-Severn is the place to go.

Comment

Working...
                      X