Boxingscene Lounge Interview: Cuauhtémoc1502

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxingscene Lounge Interview: Cuauhtémoc1502

EPISODE 7.

Tonight, our guest is a boxing trainer from cali, also a solid poster, Cuauhtémoc1502.

Sup, Cuauh?

Whats going on.

You're one of the older fellas on this forum, are you experienced and ready to take down
    any of us if need be?

Well I'm al little past 35 years of age, I guess that makes me older than a few but still a young horny man. I have much experience and am ready to fight some of the muscle heads in this place because I have a chin like Marg and don't take knees. I keep in good shape and have been in plenty of street fights and more than 50 amateur fights. I'm like a grizzled vet, sort of like the Tony Thorton (punching postman to you old heads) of boxing scene.

What were you doing when you were ages 19-25 and when did you start boxing?

I started boxing when I was 13 years old. Was getting into trouble and fights and my brother had me walk into a local gym and learn to box. Had my first amateur fight when I was 14 and continued until about 17 when I got my GF pregnant and my dream of turning pro died when my child was born. So 19-25 I was trying to be a daddy but was still getting into trouble and trying to leave the lifestyle of the people I grew up around. My homie was shot and killed and that woke me up and I decided to make a move to FLA . I also lived in Mexico City off and on after my mother and father passed. So I have experience living there as well. I would say almost half my life.

Have you ever been arrested, if so, when and why?

I say this with ZERO pride because I think to many Chicanos fall into that life and think it's the way to go and I never thought of myself as someone who needs to follow what others do or tell me to do but I did get arrested when I was 17 and spent 1 yr 9 mo in prison. I had a gun on me that wasn't legal and with a few of my past arrests I was given time. When I got out it was the first step to changing my life and doing the right thing and that involved moving to FLA a few years down the road. I wanted to be something different than be some cholo that never made shit of himself or ended up in the same 2 places everyone I knew ended up, prison or dead.

Are you a religious man? what's the difference you see here between posters who
    believe in god and those who don't?

I believe in God but I don't take the Bible literally. I grew up Catholic like most Mexicans I guess but I have had experiences in my life watching my mother die and my father as well and I think I have felt God in my life. To each his own I guess, I don't preach God to anyone and I think the key is to be respectful of others and make sure that line isn't crossed because that's where the problems come about. I don't know if there is a God and ignorance might be bliss but I do find strength in knowing there might be one and he is watching over me. It makes me a better person and has changed my life into wanting to help people less fortunate than me. Any sort of extreme thinking is bad, whether it's people that force God on you or people that want to be disrespectful to those who do believe in God. Bottom line is we need to respect each other.

You're from Cali but live in Miami, when did you move and have you returned since?

I moved almost 10 years ago and have returned to visit family but I love living in Miami. Weather is nice, met my wife here and have made a life here. I train at 3 gyms and do what I love to do for the most part (at least part time).

Which poster would likely be quick to take a knee against the last guy
    you sparred with?

I would say Wazza, Jack, Stones, Rage (or whatever he calls himself now) projectxxx or any of these internet tough guys that haven't done **** in their life and like to run their mouths about stuff they have no clue of. There's a lot of people tougher than me in this world and that alone has taught me to keep my mouth shut. It will help you live longer.

Cuauh, would you describe the boxingscene lounge in words, but in spanish?

Es un lugar en donde la gente viene para hablar mierda y encabronar a otros. Muy pocos en este lugar entienden o saben del boxeo pero lo tengo que admitir que es un lugar que ayuda pasar el tiempo cuando no tengo nada que hacer en el trabajo. También enseñan fotos y vídeos de viejas culonas pero tengo que tener cuidado porque trabajo con otra gente que puedo ver el monitor de mi computadora.

Who are your favorite boxers and sports teams?

Julio Cesar Chavez, Salvador Sanchez, Finito Lopez, Roberto Duran, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Alexis Arguello, Evander Holyfield, Azuma Nelson, Edwin Rosario, Oscar De Lahoya....those were the guys that I grew up watching and loving. There are more but there's too many to name.

I love my LA teams, Dodgers and Lakers but I grew up a Cowboys fan because there was no team in LA at my age, the Raiders were in Oakland and anyone knows that a rival city and team. Loved the Cowboys and still do.

Tell me 3 things,

1) tell me about the saddest person you seen walk into your Gym,

I don't know about sad but there's a kid who has a heart condition. He had to get open heart surgery and he's very frail and you can tell he was picked on in life. I call him Danger from the movie Million Dollar Baby. He works out, tries very hard and is someone I respect because even though he has no athletic ability, he has worked himself into being able to spar about half speed and enjoys it. I hate cleaning his nose though because the kid is a bleeder but I work with him almost everyday.

2) the funniest thing that happened at your gym,

Guy got hit in the stomach and kind of farted and shit himself a little bit. He asked to stop the fight and ran to the bathroom to clean his ass.

Other time this guy asked me to video tape his sparring and he got knocked out cold. He wouldn't get up and took him about 10 minutes to recover. I was worried because I thought I might need to call the ambulance but when he did recover I handed him his camera and he said "what's this" he didn't even know he gave it to me and that it was his. Funny....

3) something that occurred there that absolutely drove you nuts.

I had some kid from another gym come in that thought he was a badass and was hitting in sparring really hard. I warned him to take it easy because the guy he was sparring wasn't that good so he was taking advantage of the guy so I had him spar this puerto rican kid who was about 20 lbs lighter than him so he thought he was going to kill him. Little did he know the kid was golden gloves in N.J and put him on his ass and bloodied his nose. Kid left screaming he could take him in a street fight and never came back. I hate bullies...

Tell me your opinion on all these alts and racist threads?

I don't pay much mind to them to be honest. I think alts and racist are cowards who would never say these things in public so they hide behind a computer to say these things. The more you pay attention, the more you wind them up. It's better to ignore them, that's the worst thing you can do but people don't learn.

What's the biggest lesson so far you've learned in life?

Don't conform yourself. Success isn't measured by money or fame, it's measured by personal fulfillment and satisfaction. In other words, be happy and content in what you do. If you have the potential do something, work hard to do it even if it's something that most don't want to see you do. Everyone told me all my life I would end up in prison like my cousin for life and I decided I would get up and leave the world I knew. At the end of the day, it's your life and it's short, believe me when I tell you it's short so make the most of it. Sitting around doing nothing is something you will regret for the rest of your life because I can think back when I was 18 and it seemed a few years ago. Time fly's by....

Who would you like to see me interview, sometime?

I would say Walt or Baya if you already haven't. They seem like cool cats I could talk boxing with, have a few beers and just chill. I's sure both of them have some good stories to tell.

Thanks, cuauh.

Your welcome.

Comment

When will people stop ripping off 'Get To Know An International Limey"?

You can't beat me and The Hoff.

Comment

I didn't know Cuackatiel got butt raped in jail

Comment

Cuauh, would you describe the boxingscene lounge in words, but in spanish?

Es un lugar en donde la gente viene para hablar mierda y encabronar a otros. Muy pocos en este lugar entienden o saben del boxeo pero lo tengo que admitir que es un lugar que ayuda pasar el tiempo cuando no tengo nada que hacer en el trabajo. También enseñan fotos y vídeos de viejas culonas pero tengo que tener cuidado porque trabajo con otra gente que puedo ver el monitor de mi computadora.

i want to put this in my sig lol it sums up this place perfectly
          Last edited by Sifo; 11-17-2011, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Bad ass read.....

Cuah is a cool mofo. I have told him multiple times on here, that I take some of his comments to heart, and take them as advice.

Cuah is "That Dude". I wouldnt mind chillin with him and a few other posters on here at one time or another.

Comment

When is my interview? Everyone wants to know the Notorious Haitians story.

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHapppy:) View Post
                When is my interview? Everyone wants to know the Notorious Haitians story.
                In life, when you beg for something you usually won't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
                  In life, when you beg for something you usually won't get it.
                  If that was the case I would still be a virgin today.

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHapppy:) View Post
                    If that was the case I would still be a virgin today.
                    I never beg for pussy like Keith Sweat - Big L

Comment

Working...
                    X