Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather: spend life in prison or die?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a lot of people say they would rather die but when it comes down to it, our internal instinct to live is very strong.

I've heard stories of people committed to dying, who made a plan and got started and everything but then were overcome with last second desire to live.

If not for that driving instinct and/or a fear of dying, you'd see way more suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      I think a lot of people say they would rather die but when it comes down to it, our internal instinct to live is very strong.

I've heard stories of people committed to dying, who made a plan and got started and everything but then were overcome with last second desire to live.

If not for that driving instinct and/or a fear of dying, you'd see way more suicide.
      "they put you in here for life, and that's exactly what they take from you."

All my life I've held on to principles like courage, faith, discipline, to get me through everything and they have.

Once you're locked up like an animal, none of those things matter. I'd rather go out with pride than to live a couple more decades and lose all the pride I have.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
        "they put you in here for life, and that's exactly what they take from you."

All my life I've held on to principles like courage, faith, discipline, to get me through everything and they have.

Once you're locked up like an animal, none of those things matter. I'd rather go out with pride than to live a couple more decades and lose all the pride I have.
        easier said than done brother. taking your own life is not that easy.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
          easier said than done brother. taking your own life is not that easy.
          Have you ever been locked up? That's also easier said than done. Being locked up is not that easy.

It's soul crushing.

There are people who say they'd rather die and end up living, and then there are also people who say they'll take the sentence and end up killing themselves. It's all about perspective.

I know where I stand because I've been locked up before.

They'll never take me alive. I'd rather burn out than fade away.
          Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-22-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I'd rather die.

Give me liberty or give me death, but fuck spending the rest of my life in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
              Have you ever been locked up? That's also easier said than done. Being locked up is not that easy.

It's soul crushing.

There are people who say they'd rather die and end up living, and then there are also people who say they'll take the sentence and end up killing themselves. It's all about perspective.

I know where I stand because I've been locked up before.

They'll never take me alive. I'd rather burn out than fade away.
              yes! and yes, being locked up is not easy but you still have something to look forward too, like phone calls from love ones, visit, seeing your kids grow up, your nieces, nephews, brothers/sisters, parents, etc.

all this thought will be running thru your head. so you rather end your life now and let your family suffer and deal with the aftermath? see this is why i cant take my own life, because i love my family too much to have to put them thru all that.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                yes! and yes, being locked up is not easy but you still have something to look forward too, like phone calls from love ones, visit, seeing your kids grow up, your nieces, nephews, brothers/sisters, parents, etc.

all this thought will be running thru your head. so you rather end your life now and let your family suffer and deal with the aftermath? see this is why i cant take my own life, because i love my family too much to have to put them thru all that.
                Good point bro... But then again I don't have my own family and I'm not that close with my blood.

I guess if I had the kind of relationships you're talking about, I would be strong for them. You're lucky.

Comment

I don't think I could do life. Especially if my crime involved me murdering someone because they killed someone I love. So not only do I have to do hard time under all the usual conditions, I have to be haunted by the memory and loss of that loved one with nothing to distract me. Cable television would be little consolation, in fact it would probably make it worse because all the shyt on TV would just remind me that I am not free, get to watch all the things I'm missing out on for life. I'd rather let the cops take me down, but I also know that most of us wouldn't know what we would really do in a situation until it actually happens.

But for the sake of this thread, lets pretend there is no parole ever, and no escape. Your choices are life in prison and dying in a prison hospital, or checking out on your own terms.

Comment

Life in prison.

I pray that all you niggas that chose death, find yourself in a situation where you're on a one way trip to prison and death is not an option.

Bet you cowards shiver in fear at the thought of sharing a cell with a muscular black thug named "Jamarcus"

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      I don't think I could do life. Especially if my crime involved me murdering someone because they killed someone I love. So not only do I have to do hard time under all the usual conditions, I have to be haunted by the memory and loss of that loved one with nothing to distract me. Cable television would be little consolation, in fact it would probably make it worse because all the shyt on TV would just remind me that I am not free, get to watch all the things I'm missing out on for life. I'd rather let the cops take me down, but I also know that most of us wouldn't know what we would really do in a situation until it actually happens.

But for the sake of this thread, lets pretend there is no parole ever, and no escape. Your choices are life in prison and dying in a prison hospital, or checking out on your own terms.
                      killing yourself is not easy bro. its easy to sit there and say you'll end your life if you have to go do life in prison because it hasnt happen so its easy to say what we'll do because we're not put in that position.

even if you dont have any families to look forward too, you still wanna stay alive to see how the world changes, what the future looks like. trust me, when you're put in a position to either end your life or not, you're gonna start thinking about all of this.

Comment

Working...
                      X