Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's get this **** straight. Size had very little to do with Lomo's win over Rigo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
    I'm just saying that's why it happens after every big fight. If some of the fans showed a little more humility it would be a lot tamer.
    Of course. That’s how it is with all sports. People talk shit, then they have to take their licks afterwards. Them’s the rules. Lol It wouldn’t be sports without some trash talk. It ups the ante and makes things a little more interesting. Some dudes always go a little overboard, and I think that’s what you really mean. Funny how they’re the ones who always disappear once the piper comes a callin’, huh? Lol

Comment

So you give Floyd full credit for beating JMM, yes? He won based on skill.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        Lmao Touché.

I myself always gave Floyd a little credit for that, but nothing crazy. Gotta put it all in perspective. Does Lomachenko deserve credit for this? A smidge. But some of these cats are trying to act like Vasyl beat prime Rigo at Guillermo’s best weight. It’s insane.

Comment

The reason why anyone had issues with Floyd was not the weight, it was the failure to make the agreed upon weight. Thats where the controversy became fuel for discrediting Floyd. But the fact is, Floyd and JMM could fight at any agreeable weight and Floyd beats JMM 10 out of 10 times. Difference in skills.

Comment

People forget the eye test their doing the same with usyk next

Comment

Heres the point, yes, Floyd was the bigger man but the way he easily beat JMM , he would have done the same 8 lbs lighter. Same as this fight. And Floyd didn't even make the weight which is s why people **** on that fight also.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Maybe, maybe not. We’ll never know. That bout proved nothing. These are two athletes who passed each other in the night. Rigo won his second gold medal four years before a Lomo won his first. Think about that. That’s the age gap. Then they were never in the same weight division. Vasyl was always in the higher weight categories. There’s just no comparison. Like I said, maybe you’re right, and all things being equal, Lomachenko is better. But maybe you’re wrong.
                Hmm I like your points, but I definitley am not saying lomachenko is definitley "better"
                I just think as you said, he was always the bigger younger dude, and the style of accurate volume punching with different angles really is a bad style for Rigo

But hey, we shall never truely know and it's all speculation. So definitely respect your opinion.. who's too say it's not true
                Last edited by kingstip9; 12-11-2017, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                  Hmm I like your points, but I definitley am not saying lomachenko is definitley "better"
                  I just think as you said, he was always the bigger younger dude, and the style of accurate volume punching with different angles really is a bad style for Rigo

But hey, we shall never truely know and it's all speculation. So definitely respect your opinion.. who's too say it's not true
                  It’s fun to talk all this fantasy stuff, speculation, etc. That’s partly what we’re here for. Respect your opinion as well.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    When was the last time a 37 year old had 17 fights and on top of that had not taken any real punishment in those 17 fights????? Again, chronological age and boxing age are not the same. You look at noticeable slippage and punishment to determine if age is a factor and Rigo did not have either of those. Many fighters have won big fights in their 30's and 40's against younger fighters. And there are a number of fighters who came off layoffs of over a year, even almost 3 years with not a single round and won fights and at higher divisions. Again, it is VERY OBVIOUS that the skill sets of Lom and Rigo are on two entirely different levels. Does Rigo use angles like Lom??? Throw punches in bunches like Lom??? Turn a fighter as often as Lom??? Have a right hook???? Rigo doesnt have the tool set of Lom, period.

And Rigo would have been beaten by all those younger fighters he fought and the reason he wasnt was because of skills!

Your right Loma is a great fighter maybe one of the best in his generation but in 10 years do you think he will be beating P4P guys in their prime. I don't know but the history of boxing tells me probably not

I was impressed with Loma because of how injury or not he turned off Rigos will to continue which to me is impressive but I just think Age , size and inactivity played a factor. If you don't think so cool

But how many elite small guys Stay near their peak when they approach 40 in the history of the sport and beat P4P guys in their prime , You can probably count on 1 hand the fighters that did if at all

Loma deserves props but let's be real about the situation

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                      The reason why anyone had issues with Floyd was not the weight, it was the failure to make the agreed upon weight. Thats where the controversy became fuel for discrediting Floyd. But the fact is, Floyd and JMM could fight at any agreeable weight and Floyd beats JMM 10 out of 10 times. Difference in skills.
                      Its not about credit for beating JMM. Or weight, or anything else. All this is empty distraction talk. Floyd was FLAWLESS in that ring. He was extremely catlike, and pure perfection. Countered every single thing JMM did. Capitalized on every single thing JMM did.

He didnt beat JMM, he put on a show, same way he did against opponents who were bigger and younger than JMM. JMM is just an opponent, who gaf about his weight or anything else. Mayweather deserves all the credit in the world for proving to the people that he was the sharpest fighter in the history of the sport. That fight was one piece of evidence!

Comment

Working...
                      X