No announcement yet.

Wladamir Klitschko's also got knocked down in his 21st fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Scraping the barrel aren't we, Mr.Hickey?

Trying so hard to justify Fury's potential, how far do you think he'll go?
    Further than David Price

Oh wait... he already has.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      What's the point with this thread, TS?
      I think that after his heart stopped for a couple of seconds in round 2 this guy needs to find some explanation He just still can't believe that his idol,the greatest human being ever lived, was outboxed and KD by featherfisted Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Is there any point in presenting one knowing you have Fury's cock halfway down your throat?
        I don't think you can, without getting upset and resorting to petty name calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Well, Wlad would have fought for a title sooner if he hadn't lost to ross purrity, obviously that set him back a couple of years.

The point is, age, record etc were all comparable

Wlad was also an olympic gold medallist and had a much longer amateur career.

I really don't see this massive gap in where they were at.
          At 21-0 Wlad was nowhere near a title, he wasn't touted as a possible challenger for one at the time either.

At 21-0 Fury is supposedly close to one, and is being touted as a possible challenger in a couple fights time.

I think there's a wealth of difference between these two at this stage, most due to the state of the division today. Either way, this comparison shouldn't be made

Not to mention, Wlad fought nearly every month back then

Comment

Lennox Lewis was knocked down in amateurs... not much analogy on this criteria alone can be made IMO.

Comment

I like fury but saturday showed me he aint ready for wlad yet he'll be in big trouble if he fights Dr.Steelhammer

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                At 21-0 Wlad was nowhere near a title, he wasn't touted as a possible challenger for one at the time either.

At 21-0 Fury is supposedly close to one, and is being touted as a possible challenger in a couple fights time.

I think there's a wealth of difference between these two at this stage, most due to the state of the division today. Either way, this comparison shouldn't be made
                So in other words, the comparrison isn't favorable to the anti-fury brigade so we should just brush it under the carpet?

Ok, so should we fast forward a few fights, give Wlad a little more time.

So was Ross Purrity better than Steve Cunningham? That was a WBC eliminator if I recall.

What was the excuse in that one?

See the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  Lennox Lewis was knocked down in amateurs... not much analogy on this criteria alone can be made IMO.
                  The analogy is that young prospects can slip up, and can improve.

Comment

Further than David Price

Oh wait... he already has.
                    Earl, how many times do I have to tell you, I couldn't give a fuck about David Price?

I am not a fan of him, if anything I'm more partial to Fury. But to see you writhing around in such agony and anguish, it only pains me. You were a nice guy until you were tainted by fanboy-ism, it looks like we've lost you forever.

Are you going to answer my question about how you see Fury? Or do you fear being laughed at?

Comment

So in other words, the comparrison isn't favorable to the anti-fury brigade so we should just brush it under the carpet?
                      I'm not anti-Fury in any way. I'm not a big fan nor am I a hater. He's done pretty well recently, up until the Cunningham fight in my opinion.

To turn it around, you want to brush the fact that this comparison means nothing by labelling those who are against it "anti-Fury" brigade? I thought you wanted an unbiased discussion

Comment

Working...
                      X