No announcement yet.

Miesha Tate to Jon Jones: It’s ‘pretty low’ if you’re calling me a quitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miesha Tate to Jon Jones: It’s ‘pretty low’ if you’re calling me a quitter

Miesha Tate isn’t letting Jon Jones have the last word.

Earlier this week, Jones found himself being criticized by Tate, who was asked on a radio show for her thoughts about her fellow UFC star in the wake of him receiving a $205,000 fine and having his MMA license revoked by the California State Athletic Commission at a hearing on Tuesday.

Tate expressed her frustration at Jones again finding himself in hot water after several past episodes of misconduct, including an April 2015 hit-and-run case that led to Jones being stripped of a UFC title, and a second drug test failure last year (which pertained to Jones’s CSAC hearing) that resulted in Jones vacating another belt. She said that the faith she had in Jones “has been lost.”

Jones responded to Tate’s comments with a tweet of his own, suggesting that the recently retired former women’s bantamweight champion might “find motivation” in how he deals with his struggles:

Jon Bones Jones - @MieshaTate I don’t quit when things get tough for me, I get stronger. You just wait and see, maybe you’ll even find motivation in it. Sucks I lost you as a fan. Enjoy retirement sister

On Friday, Tate fired back, taking offense at what she perceived to be a slight at her decision to walk away from competition and letting Jones know that she’s not optimistic about the prospect of him sorting out his life:

Miesha Tate - JonnyBones u make things tougher 4 urself, I hope u can figure it out this time but I’m not holding my breath. Supported u plenty in the past & if ur implying I’m a quitter that’s pretty low. There’s a time when all of us have to stop & Happy I walked away with a clean slate

Tate retired from MMA in November 2016, following a unanimous decision loss to Raquel Pennington at UFC 205. She recently announced that she is pregnant with her first child.

UPDATED: Jones has replied to Tate, seemingly conceding the discussion to her for the time being.

Jon Bones Jones - @MieshaTate Never meet negativity with negativity, I shouldn’t have responded to you in the first place. You won

She wasn't really even dissing him originally so his response seemed butthurt-ish. She merely stated she hopes he figures his bs out & that if he can turn sh^t around for awhile she maybe able to be a Jon fan in the future. Sh^t I think thats the most popular opinion with Jon these days so he should be used to seeing sh^t like that lol.

At this point I'm hoping he gets a 2 or 3 year ban (which would be about 16-28 more mos outta the game) cuz I'm just sorta over this Jon Jones thing myself & I think dude legit needs time to mature cuz he's such a knucklehead. He's hurt his legacy so much already its hard to imagine he won't be a "What If" question once his career is over.

Comment

Jon needs to find Jesus christ

Comment

Meisha isn't much better.

Likely cheated on her long time bf, got pregnant with some douche after telling the ex she didn't want kids. Also writes like a 13 year old uneducated princess.

Used to like her. Not anymore. You're not doing well when Jon Jones manages to patronise and come off better on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          She wasn't really even dissing him originally so his response seemed butthurt-ish. She merely stated she hopes he figures his bs out & that if he can turn sh^t around for awhile she maybe able to be a Jon fan in the future. Sh^t I think thats the most popular opinion with Jon these days so he should be used to seeing sh^t like that lol.

At this point I'm hoping he gets a 2 or 3 year ban (which would be about 16-28 more mos outta the game) cuz I'm just sorta over this Jon Jones thing myself & I think dude legit needs time to mature cuz he's such a knucklehead. He's hurt his legacy so much already its hard to imagine he won't be a "What If" question once his career is over.
          He's already a "What If" question.

What if Jon Jones never used steroids? Would he have won as many fights as he had?

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
            Meisha isn't much better.

Likely cheated on her long time bf, got pregnant with some douche after telling the ex she didn't want kids. Also writes like a 13 year old uneducated princess.

Used to like her. Not anymore. You're not doing well when Jon Jones manages to patronise and come off better on social media.
            Doesnt say much about Tate when Jones on cocaine and juice can write and speak better.

Comment

Jones has always been a hyper-sensitive cunt of a person.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
                Jones has always been a hyper-sensitive cunt of a person.
                But so has Misha for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  But so has Misha for that matter.
                  Could you provide an example of this? Seems like a good person overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Could you provide an example of this? Seems like a good person overall.
                    I believe in the Rousey build-ups, she got very personal with Rousey and made some family related comments, which is why Rousey refused to shake her hand after the rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X