Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Top 100 Most Famous Athletes in the Planet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it comes to social media, outside of the Football/Soccer players, McGregor is in a league of his own among athletes. Not even NBA and NFL players can touch him. All of his social media channels get significant traffic. Just look at the retweets and likes on his posts. He's got 4.22M followers on twitter and only 6000 tweets. His Instagram has over 13M followers. Not to mention his endorsements.

When people talk about A-Side and B-Side, this stuff is what's important.

Comment

Idk that I'm a believer in his criteria for determining who's "most famous" to start with. I mean social media stuff can indicate popularity, but it can also indicate how social media savvy one is as a lack of content or quality content can deflate or inflate your numbers drastically. And endorsements mean even less to me cuz you can be more famous, but a "bad guy" & therefore not sellable for a company's persona that they want to push on consumers. I guess internet search popularity might be the most legit, but then again I think about half of the world or more don't even use the internet still.

So interesting to see what this guy came up with, but its a highly contrived list with obvious flaws that was only created to get hits on their website more than to find a real answer to the question.

Comment

Floyds ego is outraged

Comment

who the fuk is phil mickelson?

generally american athletes are way too frequent on these lists. if there's one baseball player on the entire list it's immediately garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
            I assume since Floyd doesn't have endorsements he didn't make the list.

Let's be honest, in America Floyd and McGregor are neck and neck in terms of most well known combat athlete .
            probably because he's retired

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
              Are American Football players, really that famous outside the US? This list is stupid, then again it's ESPN. And no Baseball players? WTF, I'd imagine a couple of them would be more famous than Hope Solo.

I'm surprised ESPN didn't have a horse from the Kentucky Derby on the list.
              no they aren't and anyone who says they are don't know anything about sports.

like odell beckham jr. he's lucky he has that last name otherwise everyone would have scrolled past him

No baseball players is good. it would have been cringe if any of them were there. There's not one baseball player in the world that's more famous than any regular player in any of the top 5 of the premier league-

So that's already 100 people in front of the first baseball player. haha

Comment

I have to say that the only American athletes I'd recognise on the street (excluding boxers obviously) are Tiger Woods, Serena Williams, LeBron James and Tom Brady. Maybe I'm particularly ignorant, but American sports really do not get much coverage in Europe at least. I guess in real terms whichever athletes are the most popular in Asia and to a lesser extent Africa would fill the top places in a list of this nature, which might not be interesting to the average ESPN reader
                Last edited by NEETzsche; 05-30-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

These fuccin golfers no one gives two ****s about them but espn. Phil michelson?? Top 5 are you kidding me no one under 25 has a clue who he is including Rory mccolroy and all tiger is ever known for these days is cheating on his wife and getting dui's.

But the main point being here is no one gives af about golf.. like at all..

Comment

How did Floyd not make it. Floyd associuated with PACs name I'm sure PAC made Floyd famous through association

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                      Floyds ego is outraged
                      How?

It's only active athletes

Comment

Working...
                      X