No announcement yet.

Great weekend of fights for casuals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great weekend of fights for casuals

This last weekend of fights is one I can confidently show off to my casual boxing friends.

Let's be honest. There were three knockdowns in the Joshua/Klitschko fight, but overall it was a bore. The "slugfest" and "war" description from some folks are hilarious . I almost put my work buddy to sleep!

Canelo and Jr...and Jr rarely has a stinker! For whatever reason he wasn't himself.

But this last weekend, this is what brings new fans in. The Dirrell fracas was a black eye for boxing-but from a casual perspective, it was ENTERTAINING ! Guys uncle unleashes a 2-piece on his nephew's opponent?! Anthony backhanding a security guard?! Andre flipping the bird at the booing fans?

Then Gary Russell Jr in a phone booth brawl! The other guy was coached by Robert Guerrero' s dad. This was Ruben Guerrero production, so it had to be some violence !

Mayweather's boxer...real careful, but he jumped on the English guy in the 3rd round (?) and finished him. So I'll skip to that 3rd round when I'm showing it.

HBO featured Crawford putting a solid beating on Diaz. Some jawing, posturing.

The wild Showtime card is one I can confidently show to my casual friends and even get laughs. Some entertainment in the HBO show too.

Yea this last weekend was low key awesome going in & if you show them the picks of the litter from that schedule you might be able to create some more serious fans. Benavidez vs Medina, Dirrell vs Uza, Ray Ray Beltran sleeping dude. The Gary R & Bud showcases. I only heard that the a couple of the Japanese fights were good, I haven't got a chance to watch (not the N'Dam vs Murata fight obviously). Lotsa good sh^t.

Comment

Imagine if you had Medina-Benavidez, Dirrell-Uzcategui, Beltran-Maicelo on the undercard of Mayweather-Pacquiao

Interest in Boxing would go through the roof

Comment

Working...
      X