Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
    "Karate Kid 2010"

Good acting, some good action scenes was almost identical to the original although rather than moving to LA or something they move to China. Good movie not as good as the first though.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

i heard good things about that movie, surprisingly

Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
    "The Crazies"

That was a pretty damn good movie I thought, First impression was like ehhh typical wanna be scary movie but it was more of a thriller to me than anything. I thought Timothy Olyphant was incredible in his performance, he has actually got really good since his stint as the side kick cop in Gone in 60 seconds and pretty much everything he does now is great.

Rocco Rating 8 out of 10

i dug that movie...good flick

Comment

• bigger, stronger, faster

Very good documentary about steroids which shows how the American culture is an influence for steroid use and shows both sides of the argument about steroids. Definetly check it out if you are into weight lifting.

8/10

Comment

• 5 star thread.

Comment

• Finally saw the classic Freaks (1932)

It's directed by Tod Browning who made the original Dracula with Bela Lugosi. Features real-life carnival people, the story is kinda sad, a midget falls in love with a mean-ass "normal" woman (a real *****) who is milking him for his riches. The flick was real controversial when it came out (was heavily edited, audiences hated it, think it killed the director's career) and the movie was pulled. It was rediscovered decades later and labeled a cult classic.

It's surreal seeing some of these people (be warned it's kinda creepy sometimes), the story is real simple, but there's something about the movie that pulls you in. It's considered a classic, but I guess I'd give it an 8. (It's in B&W).

Comment

• 12 Angry Men (1957)

Directed by Sidney Lumet. All star cast starring Henry Fonda about 12 jurors who debate whether or not a defendant is guilty or not. That's the whole movie them just arguing, but it's filled with a lot of great acting and characters. I'd give it an 8.

Comment

• 61* (2001)

Yo, I completely slept on this movie when it came out. It's directed by Billy Crystal who I was never a huge fan of, but this flick is pretty well made. It's about the race between Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris to break Babe Ruth's single season record. Some great lead performances and it shows how sports life was back then (dickhead reporters, drinking beers in the locker room, groupies, etc.). The only part that was weak was how they tied it in to McGwire breaking the record. But all the old school stuff was pretty entertaining. You don't have to be a Yankee fan to enjoy (I'm not). Recommended. 7 1/2.

Comment

• Chumscrubbers(2005)
                starring Glenn Close, Rachael Leigh Cook, Ralph Fiennes, and the f@g that played white Goku in Dragonball

I'll keep it short and sweet. The movie sucked. Wouldn't reccommend watching.It tries to satire suburban white-America as this self-absorbed, pharmaceutical-induced society, Which is somewhat true, but it fails horribly.

3/10
                Last edited by -The Glove-; 07-29-2010, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• The Pianist (2002)
                  Starring Adrien Brody

One of the best films I've seen of late. Polanski definitely deserved an Academy award for this movie. Very well directed, and very well acted.

8.5/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
                    12 Angry Men (1957)

Directed by Sidney Lumet. All star cast starring Henry Fonda about 12 jurors who debate whether or not a defendant is guilty or not. That's the whole movie them just arguing, but it's filled with a lot of great acting and characters. I'd give it an 8.
                    nice one

i have it on DVD, also looking for the Jack Lemmon/George C. Scott version but can't find one though

Robert Downey, Jr........nuff said

Comment

• Enjoyable if you have kids

Buy imo

8/10

Comment

Working...
                      X