Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me or is Amir Khan and career going to be same as Jermaine Taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortiz would punish Khan if he could keep his head together. I'd like to see that fight actually.

Comment

Originally posted by steeluv View Post
      I feel Khan has the potential to outbox fighters like B hop who are not hard hitters, thats why is partial hyped, but if he comes against an acurate hard hitting counter puncher, or someone who can walk through his game and land solid shots its good night Amir
      what in the mother fu.ck did you just say?!?! what kinda crack are you smokin son? dont ever EVER compare khan to bhop in any way, shape, or form. theres just this tiny little difference betweem them. bhop is a living legend, khan is garbage who only knows how to talk with the best of them. he might be a huge superstar in WWE, not in boxing. see the difference?

Comment

Khan will beat most guys at 140 just off of being the bigger guy. He has a C level skill set that won't get revealed too much at 140. But... once he moves up to 147, his career will start going down hill. Especially if they throw him in with the elite. If GoldenBoy is smart,they will keep him fighting B and C level opposition at 147. They will make tons of money. But, they will have to make drastic changes in his corner for him to be able to compete with the elite.I think Roach needs to go. He is definitely overrated. He does a great job training his fighters to beat guys that are tailor made for them, but when they fight skilled topnotched guys, he can't make the adjustments. PEDs or not, Khan did not utilize the right fight plan to beat Peterson. This will also be exposed in Manny's fight with Bradley. If Bradley takes his punch, it will be a long night for Manny.

Styles make fights and Khan has a style that will give fighters hell early. At this stage, he could possibly pull off an upset against a 35 year old Mayweather by hitting and running for 12 rounds. But a pressure fighter that can slip punches and bang his body will beat him everytime. Once he's stationary or against the ropes, he's very ordinary. Maybe below ordinary.

He needs a trainer that will show him how to use his height and reach. He needs to throw the jab with more power and consistency. He needs to get away from those amateurish flurries and start sitting on his punches. He needs to throw the right hand through the target and not just at it. He needs to develope a much better hook and uppercut. He is far behind in his progress. He has already peaked with Roach. He will get no better. Can Roach truthfully teach him defense? He hasn't with Manny after all these years. He just needs an old school trainer to teach him the basics of boxing. The ability is definitely there or he would have never became a world champion. But he's at a stage where he will being fighting elite fighters. He has the tools but not the skill level to get the job done.

Might sound crazy, but if I was his manager, I would seek Floyd Mayweather SR or someone like Buddy McGirt.These guys are great trainers but don't have anyone in their camp with Khan's ability. They would make each other great. With Khan's physical abilities and heart, if his skill level increased, he would be an extremely dangerous fighter. He could be an English version of Terry Norris. But honestly, I never see it happening. By the time he realizes he needs a new trainer, he will have endured too many unnecessary wars and will be on the downside of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
          Khan will beat most guys at 140 just off of being the bigger guy. He has a C level skill set that won't get revealed too much at 140. But... once he moves up to 147, his career will start going down hill. Especially if they throw him in with the elite. If GoldenBoy is smart,they will keep him fighting B and C level opposition at 147. They will make tons of money. But, they will have to make drastic changes in his corner for him to be able to compete with the elite.I think Roach needs to go. He is definitely overrated. He does a great job training his fighters to beat guys that are tailor made for them, but when they fight skilled topnotched guys, he can't make the adjustments. PEDs or not, Khan did not utilize the right fight plan to beat Peterson. This will also be exposed in Manny's fight with Bradley. If Bradley takes his punch, it will be a long night for Manny.

Styles make fights and Khan has a style that will give fighters hell early. At this stage, he could possibly pull off an upset against a 35 year old Mayweather by hitting and running for 12 rounds. But a pressure fighter that can slip punches and bang his body will beat him everytime. Once he's stationary or against the ropes, he's very ordinary. Maybe below ordinary.

He needs a trainer that will show him how to use his height and reach. He needs to throw the jab with more power and consistency. He needs to get away from those amateurish flurries and start sitting on his punches. He needs to throw the right hand through the target and not just at it. He needs to develope a much better hook and uppercut. He is far behind in his progress. He has already peaked with Roach. He will get no better. Can Roach truthfully teach him defense? He hasn't with Manny after all these years. He just needs an old school trainer to teach him the basics of boxing. The ability is definitely there or he would have never became a world champion. But he's at a stage where he will being fighting elite fighters. He has the tools but not the skill level to get the job done.

Might sound crazy, but if I was his manager, I would seek Floyd Mayweather SR or someone like Buddy McGirt.These guys are great trainers but don't have anyone in their camp with Khan's ability. They would make each other great. With Khan's physical abilities and heart, if his skill level increased, he would be an extremely dangerous fighter. He could be an English version of Terry Norris. But honestly, I never see it happening. By the time he realizes he needs a new trainer, he will have endured too many unnecessary wars and will be on the downside of his career.
          your whole post is pretty spot on, but that part about khan beating mayweather is just silly...

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
            I agree, people saying Khan vs Ortiz or even Berto is a good fight are tripping imo, Khan would get massacred, i'd bet heavy on either to KO him the way he fights right now.
            I'd favor Ortiz in that fight... If he actually fought

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
              Khan is a small 140lb'r, Alvarez a big 154lb'r I dont think they will ever cross paths, thats like asking if Floyd came across Mikkel Kessler would he fold?

Otherwise I do agree, Maidana fight was telling, A truly elite fighter would take Maidana apart easily, break him down and bomb him out late, he's the Edison Miranda of 140lbs.

Amir is very talented but has too many frailties, which will be shown up from time to time. His power is just a little too lacking for his style to be 100% effective, he is unsteady on his feet, lacks punch variety and has average at best punch resistance, his defence is leaky and he has no inside game.

The plus points are he has great hand and footspeed, underrated toughness, good height and length and a nice jab, he's pretty good, but not great. He needs to learn better defence, clinching and inside fighting skills, and also needs to relax in the ring, learn when to set his feet, learn when to punch with his opponent.

Against Lamont, P.E.D's aside Amir was quick enough to be able to plant his feet, beat Petersen to the punch, move to Petersens side, reset and throw, this way he could of landed harder shots, insted he folded, retreated, punched on the backfoot (sapping his shots of power) and allowed himself to be caught on the ropes, not imressive. Although I feel the problem stems from roach overrating Amir's punch power and beliving he can emulate Pacquiao, which he cannot, he needs to use his advantages i.e height and reach in ways Pac cannot, but lose the raiding tactics, they favour Pacs abilities and natural advantages, not Amir's.

Otherwise he is fun to watch though, I think he'll have a decent career, mostly wins with the odd loss sprinkled here and there.
              Khan is bigger than Floyd, yet Floyd is considering fighting Canelo

Comment

Who the **** is Ahmed?

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post

I agree with this, Manny Steward would be perfect for Khan

Comment

Working...
                  X