No announcement yet.

Golden Boy Has No Idea How To Build Puerto Rican Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Boy Has No Idea How To Build Puerto Rican Fighters

Why doesnt GBP build Danny Garcia as an up and coming Puerto Rican fighter? Why don't take advantage of his heritage? why is he always fighting on the west coast? A friend of mine who is a casual boxing fan found out last night that he was Boricua! I mean wtf? that is not how u build up a Puerto Rican prospect.

East coast, west coast, it doesn't matter. But I do believe GBP is based out of the west coast if I'm not mistaken...

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
      East coast, west coast, it doesn't matter. But I do believe GBP is based out of the west coast if I'm not mistaken...
      Top Rank is also based out of the west coast and they know where to put their fighters.

Comment

Garcia got a good reaction out of the west coast crowd so I don't see what the problem is anyway?

Comment

I thought Danny Garcia was Mexican

I guess thats how bad a job they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
            Garcia got a good reaction out of the west coast crowd so I don't see what the problem is anyway?
            If he is to become a star dont you think they need to take advantage of the fact he is Puerto Rican? Don't you think they need to expose him to those boxing fans? it only makes sense to me if you want to get the most out of him as a draw.The fact that some Puerto Ricans don't know he is Puerto Rican is GBP fault. If they keep promoting him like this he will be another Luis Collazo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

That was the same thing my buddy told me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

I aint gonna lie I sort of did assume he was Mexican as well but even so I don't necessarily see a problem with that... the Mexican/Mex-American market is becoming the largest in the U.S in terms of profits and it's only expanding. Now I'm not saying Latinos such as Puerto Ricans should start marketing themselves as Mexican fighters, but hey I mean if that's a new route to success why not?

Comment

danny dont speak spanish and acts black.

Comment

Twasn't he born and raised in Philly? He has had fights there~

I have never even heard dude utter a spanish phrase, he is about as Puerto Rican as apple pie~

Comment

Working...
                    X