No announcement yet.

Here's a sobering and sickening thought about boxing in America today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forza View Post
    That's ironic considering "bigger is better" was coined in America, they should love both brothers.

Who cares about 2 midgets fighting?
    2 midgets watching.

Comment

Bigger is Better? Sorry in Heavyweight terms bigger equals slower, lumbering giants that no one wants to watch (outside of Germany, that great boxing nation!)

All of the best Heavyweights fought at around 210-230lbs, this division needs a weight limit so we can consign these boring giants to the super heavyweight boxing fringe.

Valuev?

Comment

Originally posted by ManchesterMike View Post
        PPV has also killed it, the general non boxing public will watch a good fight (one that means something other than a big payday for promoters) but won't pay extra for it.
        This.

Boxing is relatively big in the UK compared to some nations but if the likes of Hatton, Calzaghe, Khan, Hamed, Lewis, Haye etc. were fighting on terrestrial television (i.e. free tv) it would be huge.

Comment

If you're too small for the superior man, go down a weight class. CW was made for this reason.

Comment

The belt that muhammad ali once wore is on the line tomorrow in a HW clash and nobody here gives a damn.

I would bet 999/1000 people in America don't know who vitali is, much less adamek.

There is no appreciation or respect, and that's a shame for a HW as great as vitali. It sickens me.
            I don't think it's that ratio but I'm sure a lot of people don't know about Vitali or Adamek. I do though and I am more hyped about that fight than any of the others...I just hope that Adamek doesn't get KO'd and that he at least stuns Vitali once or twice.

Comment

That's ironic considering "bigger is better" was coined in America, they should love both brothers.

Who cares about 2 midgets fighting?
              Weak. You have been defeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped Bird View Post
                Why would Americans care about two boring heavyweight champions that take no risks even though they are 10x bigger than any opponent they face?

Because you think they should?

American Tony Thompson was as big or bigger than Wlad.

He got knocked out.

I can see Wlad being criticized for being too cautious, but Vitali doesn't fight that way at all.

Comment

i'm actually excited for tomorrow's fight. vitali-adamek plus gamboa-de leon...great night of boxing.

just don't get carried away by what you see people discuss here...boxing forums have become a fanbase war. majority of posters here are more interested in winning a debate than discuss boxing in general.

Comment

The belt that muhammad ali once wore is on the line tomorrow in a HW clash and nobody here gives a damn.

I would bet 999/1000 people in America don't know who vitali is, much less adamek.

There is no appreciation or respect, and that's a shame for a HW as great as vitali. It sickens me.

I have mad respect for the klitcho bro.... they should be on everyone p4p list...

Comment

Originally posted by Grinderman View Post
                      American Tony Thompson was as big or bigger than Wlad.

He got knocked out.

I can see Wlad being criticized for being too cautious, but Vitali doesn't fight that way at all.
                      Well Vitali took steroids so he's disqualified.

Comment

Working...
                      X