Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do I have to split up 720p/1080p movies when playing them on a 360 like the ps3 does?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do I have to split up 720p/1080p movies when playing them on a 360 like the ps3 does?

Or can the xbox360 play .m2ts .vob and all those type of formats without any 4gb file splits? Thanks for you help!

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
    Or can the xbox360 play .m2ts .vob and all those type of formats without any 4gb file splits? Thanks for you help!
    uh its reads fat32 format I believe so yes you need to split, as it wont recognize ntfs

pretty sure theyre are ways around it if you search google though some tool to format the external drive maybe. Also dont think it will play a variety of file formats either.

Comment

it'd be sweet if it worked

i hate that fact that it has to be fat32

my external is partitioned in like 6 ways because of this

Comment

Can you guys help me out a bit more, I aprreciate your help so far. I just need to know what format splits it supports. Next week I'm going over to my brothers house and want to bring some movies over through a usb memory drive, and have to make sure these movies will play on 360. I mean how different are the ps3 and xbox360?

I used MKV2Vob to convert them, that program was made for the ps3 but I think it might work on a 360. If you know of other programs that are made for trans-coding mkv files to a 360 format file I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
        X