Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Kessler and Ward rematched, who you picking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the fight was in denmark it would be a lot closer but i cant see kessler winning it even there, unless ward is totally thrown off his game, which can happen in hostile environments sometimes so you never know

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      I didn't see anything in Kesslers game that changed, that would make me go, yeah he would beat Ward now. He did better but that was because Froch doesn't move like Ward. People go way overboard when a fighter looks better in his next bout. Styles make fights.
      Thank you so much man! Styles make fights. Please go in every thread (especially the Mayweather threads) and post this. Just because Shane beats the **** out of Margacheato, don't mean he beats Floyd. (Just an example of course.) Sorry I got off topic but I was merely giving a basis of comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Out of Oakland I reckon it's a 50/50 fight. Unbiased referee and some random drugtesting would be nice.

Kessler had 2½ weeks of camp for Ward. He had 3½ months and 187 sparring rounds for Froch. Big difference.
        Accept the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
          I got it 50/50 IF Kessler get's time to heal. It'll have to be in Denmark, cause what an advantage he had in Oakland. I admit, Kessler got schooled. But let the Viking have his homecrowd next!
          The crowd cant fight for him.

Comment

Ward wins again.

He's simply a bad matchup for Kessler.

Comment

Kessler is just a cut below Ward.

Comment

Ward stops him next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  I didn't see anything in Kesslers game that changed, that would make me go, yeah he would beat Ward now. He did better but that was because Froch doesn't move like Ward. People go way overboard when a fighter looks better in his next bout. Styles make fights.
                  Right on the money. Besides being more aggressive, what did Kessler show that he has improved as a fighter or can even adapt. Kessler can't adapt and that's his biggest weakness.

Froch won the majority of the early rounds, so some might argue that Kessler somehow adapted to him that way by winning the later rounds, but really Kessler did the same thing every round. Froch just couldn't handle his speed as the rounds went on.

More importantly, Froch doesn't present the slick style that Ward or Calzaghe did. Calzaghe and Ward both overwhelmed Kessler with their speed and Kessler wasn't able to get off because of it.

What was most impressive/surprising about Kessler Froch last night was how Froch didn't really come forward and tried to outbox him. It worked for a little bit, but Froch couldn't keep up the pace thanks to Kessler's speed. Kessler did a good job sticking to his gameplan...but that's all Kessler does. Stick to his gameplan. He doesn't adapt. He wouldn't beat Ward.

Comment

Working...
                  X