Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any HUGE Chad Dawson fans here...are you a BIG fan of his?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxingfeind
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY

Hold on, feind, lets get one thing straight: I had NO say about that fight being made, if I went against it they would have just went ahead with a trainer who would go with it. I talked to the nutritionist/strength coach about it and he absolutely assured me that making 168 would be no problem. Chad put his trust in that man's word and you saw the result. Now, realize this: It was my JOB to convince u and everyone else that it would be no problem...or did u expect me to tell reporters when they asked me that I thought Chad was REALLY struggling terribly...so they could put it all over the internet? Here's a FACT for you...it is pointless to ask a fighter, trainer, manager or promoter anyting before a fight...ask no questions and we will tell you no lies...

I`m aware of a trainers job so i`m aware that you had no say in the fight being made;but a lot of boxing fans who aren`t experts knew that it was a bad idea for Chad to be going down to 168.Since your the boxing expert You should have had the foresight to know that Chad coming down to 168 would likely drain him of his energy and that Chad looking horrible in a fight against Ward would have a bad reflection on you.Especially considering the fact that you seen what happened to:Chris Byrd,Tarver,and many others when they drop too much weight to come down to a lower weight class.

My point is that you should have known that it was a bad idea for Chad to come down to 168 and tried to talk him out of it;but if he don`t listen then you should have went to the press and said that:you feel it is a bad idea for Chad to come down to 168 and that it might drain him.That way if Chad falls into a pit your not accused of pushing him in that pit.

Conditioning coaches are looking for a quick buck so you gotta expect them to lie sometimes.Anywhere there`s money to be made there`s gonna be some Pinocchio `s their also.

Ward should not have looked spectacular against Chad Dawson especially considering the fact that Chad was coming off a win over all time great Hopkins whose faster and more skilled then Ward.But a lot of people are thinking Ward is some superman when in reality he was fighting a Zombie.And your image as a trainer has taken a hit as a result of your miscalculation.
    He just said he had no say bro. Even if he would've said something they would've gone over his head. He's a trainer he can only advice and train the guy.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
      Quote:

Originally Posted by boxingfeind

You are the obvious ****** considering he was all for Dawson coming down to 168.All throughout camp he was trying to convince people that Chad could make the weight and that Chad don`t come in that big in camp.

In one of his older threads Scully insinuated he did`nt try to talk Chad out of coming down to 168.

Hold on, feind, lets get one thing straight: I had NO say about that fight being made, if I went against it they would have just went ahead with a trainer who would go with it. I talked to the nutritionist/strength coach about it and he absolutely assured me that making 168 would be no problem. Chad put his trust in that man's word and you saw the result. Now, realize this: It was my JOB to convince u and everyone else that it would be no problem...or did u expect me to tell reporters when they asked me that I thought Chad was REALLY struggling terribly...so they could put it all over the internet? Here's a FACT for you...it is pointless to ask a fighter, trainer, manager or promoter anyting before a fight...ask no questions and we will tell you no lies...
      I like those 2 lines at end there. I think I will be sigging this when I get home tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
        Idiot! just because Hopkins is 48 years old it does`nt mean that he`s slow you idiot.Why don`t you compare speed level between Hopkins and Ward instead of Looking at Hopkins age stupid.

Go watch Hopkins vs Dawson and Ward any fight and compare their speed.

Scully smacked me around?When?Just because i`m one of the few on here that don`t kiss his butt does`nt me he slapped me around.

He`s the one that`s making excuses and your the one that`s kissing his behind while i`m telling it like it is.
        you and scully act like it's a 100% fact that weight is the reason Dawson lost. You give no credit to ward and the fact that at 175 Ward might(probably would) whip him just as easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
          I`m aware of a trainers job so i`m aware that you had no say in the fight being made;but a lot of boxing fans who aren`t experts knew that it was a bad idea for Chad to be going down to 168.Since your the boxing expert You should have had the foresight to know that Chad coming down to 168 would likely drain him of his energy and that Chad looking horrible in a fight against Ward would have a bad reflection on you.Especially considering the fact that you seen what happened to:Chris Byrd,Tarver,and many others when they drop too much weight to come down to a lower weight class.

My point is that you should have known that it was a bad idea for Chad to come down to 168 and tried to talk him out of it;but if he don`t listen then you should have went to the press and said that:you feel it is a bad idea for Chad to come down to 168 and that it might drain him.That way if Chad falls into a pit your not accused of pushing him in that pit.

Conditioning coaches are looking for a quick buck so you gotta expect them to lie sometimes.Anywhere there`s money to be made there`s gonna be some Pinocchio `s their also.

Ward should not have looked spectacular against Chad Dawson especially considering the fact that Chad was coming off a win over all time great Hopkins whose faster and more skilled then Ward.But a lot of people are thinking Ward is some superman when in reality he was fighting a Zombie.And your image as a trainer has taken a hit as a result of your miscalculation.
          I agree with you..but ur idea of what I should have done is COMPLETELY unrealistic...put urself in my place, its not realistic. Behind the scenes I had my say throughout camp but I cant say my concerns were heeded. THAT is my point

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            you and scully act like it's a 100% fact that weight is the reason Dawson lost. You give no credit to ward and the fact that at 175 Ward might(probably would) whip him just as easy.
            Andre Ward is a TOP NOTCH, SPECIAL TYPE OF FIGHTER...he did what he had to do, etc...I RESPECT HIM 1000 pct. But I was there on the inside. I KNOW ...the weight was a HUGE HUGE factor...I believe if they fought at 175 instead of 168 the fight would have been MUCH different. We'll never know now even if they fight because theres no way to measure how much the last fight has affected him

Comment

• I used to be a huge fan of Dawson. I believed in him the way I believed in Floyd Mayweather JR an Roy Jones Jr. Then he didn't show up against Pascal, I ended up with 0 points and.......the rest is history.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
                Quote:

Originally Posted by Davis40

Andre Ward is a TOP NOTCH, SPECIAL TYPE OF FIGHTER...he did what he had to do, etc...I RESPECT HIM 1000 pct. But I was there on the inside. I KNOW ...the weight was a HUGE HUGE factor...I believe if they fought at 175 instead of 168 the fight would have been MUCH different. We'll never know now even if they fight because theres no way to measure how much the last fight has affected him
                I guess we will find out his next fight vs Pascal. But seeing the type of mentality Dawson has, its not looking too good. Sad to say about a guy with so much talent and I hope he proves us wrong but I'm not too convinced.

Comment

• Come on man, you knew up front this kid wasn't going to listen and buy in totally! You took the gig and worked and got paid to do it, it was a gig and now he's down the road like he always does!!
                  Was there anyone in the gym that could kick his ass? If not I'd go find someone and make him listen and relearn or QUIT! Next time you get a primadonna take charge is not worth the indignity to deal with a inflated ego the money earned is already gone, right!!!
                  Hey John, Johnny Duke would kick him in the azz, and Mac would have Kelvin kicking his azz!! That kid came out of what was MY GYM, and I can tell you for a fact his ego would only come out when the bell rings if I trained him. Brian Clark trained that kid and thats were he needed to go for the first 3 weeks then back to you to prep him and get his sparring in but he's shown he's not smart enought to understand "boxing roots"! You are who started you off in boxing, thats a fact! Oh well, if you don't remember me John I worked your corner a few times with Mac, I ran Ring One and my sons Martin "Ike" Williams and Ray Bright were the main kids back when you were at Mac's! Its a shame that kid doesn't know who he is, theres no longevity when a fighter can't see within!

Chad forgot where he came from and also forgot how to box! He thinks that a flat footed pro style is what ALL pros do! Its not who he is! Ray.
                  Last edited by Ray Corso; 01-26-2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Youre preaching to the choir Ray. I always stressed for him to box and keep that slick style...

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills
                      I used to be a huge fan of Dawson. I believed in him the way I believed in Floyd Mayweather JR an Roy Jones Jr. Then he didn't show up against Pascal, I ended up with 0 points and.......the rest is history.
                      Man I feel you on this one. I didn't bet any points cause I wasn't around here obviously but instead I had people come over and watch the fight with me. I loved Chad and his style. I told these guys to come over and check it out. While the fight was going on I was thinking to myself, fk WTF I'm looking like an a$$hole right now. As the fight was ending they were just looking at me like man is this the bum you wanted us to watch? I felt so stupid afterwards. My excuse was "he just had an off night it happens. wait for his next fight." I never told those guys when Chad's next fight was.

Comment

Working...
                      X