Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me how Alexander beats Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brooks hasn't faced any real top guys in their prime, it is still unknown how would he do. It is easy to look impressive with the level of competition he has been facing.

Devon last five fights has been the top fighters of the division. Win, lose or draw he has been in there and other than the Bradley fight he wasn't blown away even with some questionable decisions that he has gotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I like both these guys, but Alexander wins. He's more experienced against elite fighters. They're close in speed. But Alexander has more stamina.
      I'm already locked with a few bets on this fight, but do you fancy a small one bud? 10BN? I'm taking Brook over Alexander

It's quite a tight fight to pick, but I think this will be Brooks coming out party. Alexander had his and he flumped with Bradley and again wth Matthysse. I think he's really repetitive and obvious after a while and Brook will capitalise on that during the mid rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
        I hope kell can pull it off but i see him getting outboxed to a close unanimous decision alexander although a pain in the ass knows how to win. I remember him in an interview saying he's never been knocked down before lets hope kell can do it.
        He got knocked down here.

I hope Brook wins Alexander is a very boring and difficult to watch fighter who should by rights have 3 losses on his record at this stage. I hope Brook gets a fair shake but if the fight is even remotely close Alexander will get the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
          Brooks hasn't faced any real top guys in their prime, it is still unknown how would he do. It is easy to look impressive with the level of competition he has been facing.

Devon last five fights has been the top fighters of the division. Win, lose or draw he has been in there and other than the Bradley fight he wasn't blown away even with some questionable decisions that he has gotten.

I agree for most part but look at the welters he has faced. Maidana who was/is not a welterweight and completely made for him & a 40yr old Bailey who throws no punches. You look at the three opponents down at 140, was they top guys? All top 10 at least and they all beat him!

Brook whilst he hasn't got the names on his resume has spent his entire career at welter & faced some big guys! Carson Jones for example has been as high as middleweight, hes spent most of his career at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            I do agree with you about the mental aspect of Alexander but Brook's got defensive flaws and is yet to fight an opponent on the level of Alexander. I haven't made a prediction on the fight yet, still undecided on who wins. Haven't seen an Alexander fight for a while so I'm going to download a few then have my say.

Brook's also hired a strength & conditioning coach and a nutritionist, they're both very happy with Brook's progression - so we'll have to see.

There is no more cutting corners, you can see the hardwork he has been putting in.

Whilst lesser guys, Brook is very good at fighting southpaws. He has knocked out every southpaw he has ever faced! He can fight southpaw too, he is multi-dimensional and IMO naturally a much bigger & stronger guy.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
              He got knocked down here.

I hope Brook wins Alexander is a very boring and difficult to watch fighter who should by rights have 3 losses on his record at this stage. I hope Brook gets a fair shake but if the fight is even remotely close Alexander will get the nod.

Man Lucas is a beast & that knockdown was beautiful. I can't wait to see him fight next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                I agree for most part but look at the welters he has faced. Maidana who was/is not a welterweight and completely made for him & a 40yr old Bailey who throws no punches. You look at the three opponents down at 140, was they top guys? All top 10 at least and they all beat him!

Brook whilst he hasn't got the names on his resume has spent his entire career at welter & faced some big guys! Carson Jones for example has been as high as middleweight, hes spent most of his career at 154.
                Don't get me wrong, I'm no Alexander fan but recognize what he has faced in his career.

I rather see an impressive Brook than a boring Devon. I guess at fight night we will find out

Comment

Theres no way Alexander beats Brook

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                    i love watching the 7th round. lucas was punkin devon like a bobblehead in that round. he's such a sharp, crisp puncher.

Comment

Working...
                    X