Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Marco Huck rated so badly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His run isn't as good as Froch maybe because the depth at Cruiser isn't as good but Huck's run is bloody good.

Afolabi, Garay, Povetkin, Lebedev (he lost this fight though, make no mistake) and Godfrey are decent cruisers/Povetkin which Huck should've got the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      I'd give him a chance against Haye who I am seriously not impressed with.
      If he hadn't got Huck out of there within 4-5, he'd be in serious trouble.
      Haye hits too hard, Hucks advantage against these bigger guys are his faster hands/feet and his decent chin as well as consistancy.

Haye is faster with both his hands and feet and was an excellent cruiserweight, Cunningham who's punching power was average put Huck away though Huck was exhausted. Haye is probably the biggest hitting Cruiserweight i've seen and carries damn good power in both hands at Heavyweight and he punches hard off the back foot.

Huck wouldn't last very long with Haye I don't think, not enough head movement and doesn't have the height and cautious approach that Wlad has. Huck would match up well with Adamek would be a great fight, and even Chisora I would pay money to see Huck and Dereck duke it out. He's gonna have to stick to the smaller Heavyweights though, a his chin is a bit like Adamek's solid but he can be badly hurt with a big heavyweight blow.

Comment

Why is Marco Huck always rated so badly?
        Because he sucks. End thread.

Poet

Comment

I thought he edged out Povetkin.

Comment

Huck is a very weird fighter

I think the sole reason he has had such success is because his
            style of fighting is so unprofessional and brutish that his opponents just get baffled while in the ring with him and have a hard time knowing how to respond.

He has the entertainment value but he is very limited with regards to technical skills. He hit Povetkin on the back of the head at least 10 times during their fight.

He does have a granite chin, though.

Comment

Why is Marco Huck always rated so badly? Behind guys who well really haven't done an awful lot?

Is this because of a few questionable decisions hes had do you think?
              #4 on Boxrec behind Tarver, who has a win over Danny Green & a draw against Kayode...

Lets take a look at some of his wins. (Could this be the most underrated resume in boxing?) We all talk about Froch's great run but this is pretty fcukin' impressive IMO

Pietro Aurino 37-2
              Vadim Tokarev 21-0
              (Lost to Cunningham when Cunningham was at his very best)
              Jean Marc Monrose 24-1
              Fabio Tuiach 22-1-0
              Geoffrey Battelo 18-0
              Vitaliy Rusal 23-0
              Victor Emilio Ramirez 15-1
              Ola Afolabi x2 - A win & a draw.
              Adam ''The swamp donkey'' Richards 23-2
              Brian Minto 34-3
              Matt Godfrey 20-1
              Denis Lebedev 21-0
              Ran Nakash 25-0
              Hugo Hernan Garay 34-5
              Rogelio Omar Rossi 17-2-1
              Alexander Povetkin 23-0 (Went upto Heavyweight, controversial loss)

This is just part of his resume, he fought all these and more besides in less than 6 years. Most/all was top 5 at the time he fought them or at least top 10.

you do know that huck is muslim his real name is Muamer Hukić
              and he is ethnically bosnian not serbia like me now you can
              start hating him like the hate fetish you have for khan being khan.:wank:

Comment

Originally posted by Irishmujahid View Post
                you do know that huck is muslim his real name is Muamer Hukić
                and he is ethnically bosnian not serbia like me now you can
                start hating him like the hate fetish you have for khan being khan.:wank:

Sorry what is this supposed to mean?
                I've had a few to drink and not quite sure where you're going with this.

Comment

Working...
                X