(VIDEO) Martinez calls Chavez Jr a chicken on TV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fight of the year

Comment

Martinez doesn't strike me as this kind of badass. it just doesn't fit him, i think it just sounds staged and lame..

Comment

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
        Martinez doesn't strike me as this kind of badass. it just doesn't fit him, i think it just sounds staged and lame..
        He apparently had a rough life. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a mean streak behind the classy exterior. He's taken all the bull crap like a man and jcc jr is the manifistation of the kind of things wrong with the sport. It's like Martinez is getting a chance at redeeming the sport, even for a night. Martinez really is the people's champ of sorts. This fight wont be easy though. Martinez can punch, but at 160 will he be hitting hard enough to put down a cruiser? Jcc jr is a man too and he'll be in there trying to earn his stripes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          It's like Martinez is getting a chance at redeeming the sport, even for a night.
          And that's the kind of fights I love. It's not normal that a top P4P fighter has to chase a B+ fighter just to be able to make the money he's supposed to make, it's not normal that a guy with Chavez' skills (or lack thereof) is a bigger draw than a much higher rated fighter like Martinez, it's not normal that a true champion gets stripped so that a hype job can have a title.

On Sept 15, Martinez will have an opportunity to right all these wrongs.

Comment

lol funny ****, so sergio is participating on the argentinian version of 'dancing with the stars'

Comment

If Martinez spoke some English, he would be a much bigger star here in the States. Tremendous fighter. JCC came to fight against Lee. Should be a good match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post

Comment

If he punches him everywhere down to the soles of his boots he will get disqualified...

Comment

Martinez....."La nena bailarina"........pinche joto!

Comment

Maravilla over Jr in 9rds, via brutal KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X