Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are fans so caught up on "trading shots"??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
    It's fun to watch. Why is this so hard to understand? It's a spectator sport and spectators like to watch fighters trade.

There are more technically proficient singers and dancers in the world yet people like watching Beyonce. Just because you are taught to do something one way, doesn't mean it will be the most appealing.
    That is a perfect response. Agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      No, one person posted this. You have not seen the majority of Floyd fans on this site do this. you also haven't seen the majority of floyd fans on social media do this either. There have more than likely been a couple and you, as usual, are over exaggerating to fit your agenda.

If you disagree with this poster's opinion, fine. It's cool if you don't like Floyd. No need to over exaggerate based on the opinion of a single poster.
      The majority of the **** threads are started by Floyd fans and threads for pointless reasons with a clear angle are often derailed by Floyd fans and it's the same with social media. There's Pacquaio fans too and they are ignorant as well but at least they aren't quite so defensive to start that many garbage threads or derail threads about fighters like Lomachenko or GGG or other fighters. You just need to read thread titles to already figure out what and whom the thread is really about. Larry is about as bad as it gets but he has a number that are hot on his heels.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Clearly yet another lie, because if you "know the sport well" then you know that trading shots comes with the territory.
        Trading shots is a choice 90 percent of the time. This thread is clearly about fans who wants boxers to play rock em sock em robots the entire fight

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          The majority of the **** threads are started by Floyd fans and threads for pointless reasons with a clear angle are often derailed by Floyd fans and it's the same with social media. There's Pacquaio fans too and they are ignorant as well but at least they aren't quite so defensive to start that many garbage threads or derail threads about fighters like Lomachenko or GGG or other fighters. You just need to read thread titles to already figure out what and whom the thread is really about. Larry is about as bad as it gets but he has a number that are hot on his heels.
          Not true. You can look at the 1st page of this forum right now. Most of the Floyd fans are not here anymore or post infrequently. As for social media, most of the fans are not floyd fans. Just because someone doesn't like Loma or GGG or criticizes them doesn't make them a Floyd fan.

What is going on is you falsely assume any criticism of Loma or GGG is done by a Floyd fan.

don't assume someone is a Floyd fan just because you read a post where they don't act like Loma or GGG are great.

Please dude, your agenda is clear. You don't like Floyd so you are trying to make his fans responsible for all the negativity when its guys like you doing crap like this that is the primary cause of all the garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
            You do have a point doe, we all think differently but I don't see how I will be paying $59 to watch Floyd fight Guerrero, hoping he will lose a guaranteed win fight. That fight did 800k plus in PPV sales.

Same way I want to see Stevenson lose, I haven't watched his fight in a while expect it's against someone with a very good chance of winning - and his fights are free. I will be watching the Jack fight doe cuz I am a fan of Jack.

Missed GGG Wade and watched it weeks later without even having an issue. Same goes for Canelo Smith, Canelo Chavez who was drained to zombie levels and I'm a fan of Canelo.

Well, we all react differently to our emotions.
            You might not be part of that demographiic that will though. You can't say one thing is true or not because you don't subscribe to it. You're not everybody.

Comment

Low IQ

There are certain reasons you have sluggers ... 1 . They don't have the skill/ring IQ 2 . Endurance gas out quick ( AJ , Canelo ) 3 . Punching Power guys fall in love with the one shot 4 . Nationality obvious Latins ( mostly Mexican s ) some are HOF ... Love when you get a great boxer and slugger . Let's compare 2 fights BJS vs DL and GGG vs Canelo .. Even though I consider Canelo a puncher then boxer first I used him here due to the match he fought ... DL was terrible and outclassed .. Canelo set traps fought of the ropes also fought in the center of the ring .. DL was either so outclassed or he is just that terrible !! GGG also was very slow and didn't go to the body at all scared to get counter .. I had the fight a draw to ..

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Believe it or not, but the purpose of professional boxing is solely to entertain people. If people aren't entertained, the sport doesn't exist.

The vast majority of people that go to a boxing match want to see war. VAST majority.
                I wouldn't say SOLELY but it is one of the main attractions, or else it just wouldnt have a fanbase. To give an example to what you said though, I thought Fury vs Klitchko was boring as all hell, awkward looking match. I understand what Fury was doing, and Vlad was confused, but it just looked awful to the point i thought Vlad was COMPLETELY finished until he had an entertaining outing with Joshua.

Comment

Working...
                X