This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    This is EXACTLY what is happening in every one of our games, I'm amazed that anyone could watch our games and come away thinking otherwise.

Virtually the only chances we're conceding are from hoofed balls long, that's was all Huddersfield had. Obviously they had a bit of a go (relatively speaking) in the last 5 minutes when they were losing. The Huddersfield game specifically was probably the most defensive anyone has actually set up against us (which takes some doing), it was 11 behind the ball and kick it straight back to the City CBs as soon as we get it. Literally wave after wave of City attacks.

'Attacking football'. 0 shots on target!

I couldn't tell you a league game since Liverpool at the start of September where Ederson has had to make multiple good saves, feel free to show me otherwise. It's been near total-domination.

I'm not talking about City's achievements though. The league has built this 'best in the world' reputation because there was no elite team smashing everyone. It's like saying the European Tour was better than the PGA tour in 2001 because Tiger Woods was slapping everyone in the PGA. Same with La Liga and the prem imo.

Sevilla have a bigger output than Liverpool in the last few years. Certainly in terms of trophies.

You might get a result against Barca but you aren't favourites to do so.
    They kept on winning the two-bob Europa cup actually beating Liverpool in one of those finals.

Arsenal will win that this year.

Chelsea won it despite conceding about 7 suspect penalties up to and including the actual final.

Liverpool are better than them imo. Now.

Who is the 4th team in Italy or Germany, or France.

The best teams in the world have come from Spain but that tv deal negotiated in that country means there are about 10 teams in that league that probably are championship level over here.

Even then, Chelsea might beat Barcelona. We're 14 points off Manchester City. Relative to Chelsea's own teams of the last decade plus - this isn't a particularly good Chelsea team.

Just enjoy your form. For me, it seems like you're taking it for granted because it wont last forever. Nothing ever does in football.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 12-12-2017, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• Chesea -1 at Huddersfield

Stoke 0.5 at Burnley
      Watford Pick at Crystal Palace.

Comment

• MOTHERDUCKER losing his ****
        Last edited by Phenom; 12-12-2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• he's not wrong tho

Anyone see that Chelsea have Barca.. United.. City and Barca back to back?

The Fa has well and truly stitched the rest of the league up and given City a free pass

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
            he's not wrong tho

Anyone see that Chelsea have Barca.. United.. City and Barca back to back?

The Fa has well and truly stitched the rest of the league up and given City a free pass
            Yeah that is a shocking run.

I think it means we'll beat Barcelona at least once because we'll lose the other games. Bad news for Barcelona as well imo.

Tbh, that Barca game is our only big game of the season if we lose it. If we get turfed out I'd imagine we would ease into 3rd anyway. But really, who cares about coming 3rd.

**** or bust for Chelsea, Liverpool and -app
            qin the CL. Spurs will still prize a top 4 spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
              This is EXACTLY what is happening in every one of our games, I'm amazed that anyone could watch our games and come away thinking otherwise.

Virtually the only chances we're conceding are from hoofed balls long, that's was all Huddersfield had. Obviously they had a bit of a go (relatively speaking) in the last 5 minutes when they were losing. The Huddersfield game specifically was probably the most defensive anyone has actually set up against us (which takes some doing), it was 11 behind the ball and kick it straight back to the City CBs as soon as we get it. Literally wave after wave of City attacks.

'Attacking football'. 0 shots on target!

I couldn't tell you a league game since Liverpool at the start of September where Ederson has had to make multiple good saves, feel free to show me otherwise. It's been near total-domination.

I'm not talking about City's achievements though. The league has built this 'best in the world' reputation because there was no elite team smashing everyone. It's like saying the European Tour was better than the PGA tour in 2001 because Tiger Woods was slapping everyone in the PGA. Same with La Liga and the prem imo.

Sevilla have a bigger output than Liverpool in the last few years. Certainly in terms of trophies.

You might get a result against Barca but you aren't favourites to do so.
              At the end of the day, it's Huddersfield.

I suppose you have a skewed perception of attacking play because of the luxury of having 5 star players at nearly all positions and the ability to take full control of games, regardless of the opponent.

Attacking comes in many ways. Huddersfield can't out-play your 100 billion dollar squad, so they attacked in the way they could. By-pass midfield and force your suspect defense to make a stand.

They smacked y'all in the mouth but City raised to the occasion, and Huddersfield STILL tried late.

No shame in that, they still attempted to win that game. They could have pulled a Jose and neutralize areas of the pitch rather than try and win but they didn't and they are a small club. Which means my statement remains true. Even small clubs don't have a very daunting view of Manchester City.

You don't have to like it but that's reality mate. Just be happy that City continues to win. Like I said, small clubs doing that straight up hands City the win but there's respect in them making those stands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                They kept on winning the two-bob Europa cup actually beating Liverpool in one of those finals.

Arsenal will win that this year.

Chelsea won it despite conceding about 7 suspect penalties up to and including the actual final.

Liverpool are better than them imo. Now.

Who is the 4th team in Italy or Germany, or France.

The best teams in the world have come from Spain but that tv deal negotiated in that country means there are about 10 teams in that league that probably are championship level over here.

Even then, Chelsea might beat Barcelona. We're 14 points off Manchester City. Relative to Chelsea's own teams of the last decade plus - this isn't a particularly good Chelsea team.

Just enjoy your form. For me, it seems like you're taking it for granted because it wont last forever. Nothing ever does in football.
                You think Arsenal will beat Atletico, Napoli, and/or Dortmund?

Chelsea can beat Barcelona. Everyone that isn't a Chelsea fan always thinks otherwise but history shows, Chelsea is the one English team that always, always, always gives Barcelona a run for their money.

Nothing will change, specially since now we will guarantee have at least 5 at the back without pulling numbers from midfield and forwards. (unlike the 4231, 442 etc. etc.)

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  You think Arsenal will beat Atletico, Napoli, and/or Dortmund?

Chelsea can beat Barcelona. Everyone that isn't a Chelsea fan always thinks otherwise but history shows, Chelsea is the one English team that always, always, always gives Barcelona a run for their money.

Nothing will change, specially since now we will guarantee have at least 5 at the back without pulling numbers from midfield and forwards. (unlike the 4231, 442 etc. etc.)
                  You can't compare previous Chelsea lineups to the one we have now.

Before they had Drogba, Terry, Lampard, PRIME Ivanovic, Cech. They don't have those kind of players anymore. Sure Barca aren't as strong as they once were but with Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Suarez and Alba on the pitch they can ruin anyone.

Comment

• Chelsea will fisted I'm pretty sure of that.

Comment

• Looking increasingly likely Coutinho is off to Barca for 130 mil.

Liverpool have done fantastic to get that much tbh. He's a good player, but 130 mil? He's worth about half that imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X