Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Says Retirement Talk is Real, After ESPN Contract Ends

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    I won't put him on any list of great HWs even if he does and wins in dominant fashion, too short of a career and not enough noteworthy wins
    I doubt Fury cares about being on some "great HW lists".

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
      The guy is 31 years old, and this is HW where things skew older anyway, and on top of that Fury has attributes that would probably allow him to remain among the elite for another decade. With this kinda talk, all the WWE BS, his wildly varying physical condition and his post-Wlad "retirement" it comes across at times like he just doesnt have the desire. Its a shame because pure ability wise he could be one of the ATG HWs.
      Fury is what he is. He is mentally very unstable person. He already retired once after Klitschko fight, remember?

You shouldn`t be surprised he is thinking that way. He got a lot of damage in Wallin fight and that makes retirement thoughts even more expected.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
        I doubt Fury cares about being on some "great HW lists".
        Thats fine, he won't be on any anyway.

Decent fighter though, nothing spectacular.

Comment

I am starting to now sway towards Deontay Wilder winning this fight 'As I have stated in recent months? Fury has lost the eye of the Tiger'. When he won the heavyweight titles in Germany against Wladimir Kiltschko that was his Everest/Olympics 'Nothing in his mind will ever compare to that etc'.

Comment

i really think if he loses to Wilder we won't see him again

Comment

The closer the fight comes the more Fury comments I read the more I'm thinking be may lose this fight. As weird as it sounds I think the Wallin fight took some of his shine off.

Comment

Don’t worry a fool and his money

He’ll be back. Unless the Cocaine is bad!

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
                  i really think if he loses to Wilder we won't see him again
                  Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                  The closer the fight comes the more Fury comments I read the more I'm thinking be may lose this fight. As weird as it sounds I think the Wallin fight took some of his shine off.
                  I can see this happening.

He's been saying a lot lately and it doesn't necessarily give off the "I'm into this fight" vibe.

It seems as though he was told about the Feb. 22nd date thinking it was a hoax and now realizes Bob was actually serious about the date and he doesn't seem into it.

And yes, I believe the Wallin fight took a bit out of him and I don't think anybody expected that fight to go the way it did...including Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                    I can see this happening.

He's been saying a lot lately and it doesn't necessarily give off the "I'm into this fight" vibe.

It seems as though he was told about the Feb. 22nd date thinking it was a hoax and now realizes Bob was actually serious about the date and he doesn't seem into it.

And yes, I believe the Wallin fight took a bit out of him and I don't think anybody expected that fight to go the way it did...including Fury.
                    Yep, this how I feel. I was fairly confident before seeing and reading his statements over the last few weeks. It just feels like a man who is on his way out of the sport. I hope I'm wrong cos I want to see a good fight this Saturday and some good fights involving Fury afterwards.

Comment

Tyson didn't seem like the person to fight too long. He seems like he wants to do other things and might be easily distracted, if he hasn't got the bit between the teeth.
                      . And the training is too hard. Im sure he likes fighting but not the training so hard bit. BUt he will train anyway just to keep mind healthy.
                      Last edited by hugh grant; 02-19-2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X