View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 11:35 AM #38
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1033 Post(s)
The Time has a reputation beyond reputeThe Time has a reputation beyond reputeThe Time has a reputation beyond reputeThe Time has a reputation beyond reputeThe Time has a reputation beyond reputeThe Time has a reputation beyond reputeThe Time has a reputation beyond reputeThe Time has a reputation beyond reputeThe Time has a reputation beyond reputeThe Time has a reputation beyond reputeThe Time has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,302,832.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternChamp View Post
at this point i would heavily favor cotto but never say never. cotto to marg is like manny to marquez. i think no matter what, no matter how how old they are, etc. marg will always give cotto a good scrap. its just the style.

I agree with your point if both fighters were at similar levels of their careers or not that far off from each other. But really Margarito is old and really shot at this point.

If Marquez the way he is now fought Pacquiao now, even though he's not in his prime, Pacquiao would beat Marquez relatively easy with the way Marquez is right now, body all broken down.

With Margarito, though his body is not as badly broken down as Marquez. Still it's clear at Margarito's age and his wear and tear he is completely shot. Shadow of what he was. Cotto is not in his prime, but he's still fighting at a relatively high level. That's where the difference comes in at this point in their careers.

I think Kamegai can probably beat Margarito at this point of Margarito's career.

And that would be a good fight actually, Kamegai vs. Margarito. I would like to see this fight as well.
The Time is offline   Reply With Quote