Boxing Books

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Books

Feel like reading a few new boxing books, Bio's ideally
    Can any of u fine Gents recommend me some good ones?

I'm starting on Beloved Warrior: The Rise and Fall of Alexis Arguello. It's a good read so far.

The last read for me was a biography of Joe Bugner that I got from the library. I can't remember who wrote it. One of the few heavyweights in history who I really enjoyed watching. The book was decent, not earth-shattering.

Comment

hands of stone is worth a read

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
        I'm starting on Beloved Warrior: The Rise and Fall of Alexis Arguello. It's a good read so far.

The last read for me was a biography of Joe Bugner that I got from the library. I can't remember who wrote it. One of the few heavyweights in history who I really enjoyed watching. The book was decent, not earth-shattering.
        Bugner? Strange choice of HW to like...

I could definitely go for the Arguello book though

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
          hands of stone is worth a read
          just finished reading the Christian Giudice one not long ago, Great read and one of the better books ive come across

Comment

if you havent read Raging Bull, that is a page turner alright.
            i also enjoyed 'Sugar Ray' by dave anderson/ray robinson, interesting read.
            Sam Langford: Boxing's Greatest Uncrowned Champion is also real good, really amazing how detailed the book is, very interesting read.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              Bugner? Strange choice of HW to like...
              Explain... what's not to like about him?

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                Explain... what's not to like about him?
                Im just not a fan and haven't ever heard anyone else say they were. Found it surprising that's all

Comment

Originally posted by VIPrice View Post
                  if you havent read Raging Bull, that is a page turner alright.
                  i also enjoyed 'Sugar Ray' by dave anderson/ray robinson, interesting read.
                  Sam Langford: Boxing's Greatest Uncrowned Champion is also real good, really amazing how detailed the book is, very interesting read.
                  Thanks for the tips mate will keep them in mind for next time. The missus picked me up Sugar Ray Leonard The Big Fight today and Four Kings by George Kimball though so will have to smash them first.

Anyone read these, thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    Thanks for the tips mate will keep them in mind for next time. The missus picked me up Sugar Ray Leonard The Big Fight today and Four Kings by George Kimball though so will have to smash them first.

Anyone read these, thoughts?
                    Not read those mate. Lemmie know how they are!

I'm thinking of reading this next:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unforgivable...ref=pd_sim_b_1

Comment

Working...
                    X