Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Castellanos Drops Gamboa Twice, Makes Him Quit After Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Oscar owns both fighters who beat them. Rojas and Castellanos are in house golden boy fighters. Specifically Rojas will now be in line for a title shot. And people keep acting like money was spent on gamboa. He didn't make much for his HBO Boxing After Dark fight and I doubt he made a lot for this fight. The big payday was going to come only if he won and landed a big fight.
    the plan was to try to bring back gamboa to his former glory and set up big fight. it was a failure. this is not what gbp wanted. stop acting like oscar isn't pissed.

Comment

• This is what happens when you cherry pick, one of them are bound to bite you in the ass at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
        Ya, its about the look, for me anyway. Anyone can get KO'd, so it doesn't look as bad as quitting. I dont Know iif he has kids, but if he does, does he want them to think he quit in his Final Fight? At least if he got counted out, the feeling was ambiguous. Quitting is just quitting. Just get counted out, And everyone Says he went out like a Warrior.
        If it was me, I'd like to think I'd go out on my shield. But it wasn't me. It was a man who's been fighting his whole life. And faced with the fact that he had reached the end of his road decided to end it the way he did...just walking away. I'm not sure I can find fault in that. It was his personal decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by TaurusJ27 View Post
          Crawford took Gamboa's soul.
          Typically I think the whole "Fighter A took Fighter B's soul" thing is way overplayed -- but in this case I think that it's actually the case.

Gamboa got f**king wrecked that night and has never even come remotely close to looking the same since he did previous to that loss

Comment

• Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
            the plan was to try to bring back gamboa to his former glory and set up big fight. it was a failure. this is not what gbp wanted. stop acting like oscar isn't pissed.
            Truth. There was some hope Gamboa could pull himself back together. It wasn't long ago he looked like his old self versus Crawford. Tonight it became painfully obvious Yuri has nothing left, most of all to Gamboa himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
              Gamboa is like the cavs signing deron williams. The plan is he can help their bench and win a title. But he used to be a star who had a huge contract that was bought out because his old team didn't want him and paid him to go away. He signed for dirt cheap if he works out great if he doesn't you didn't lose money because he signed for the vet min. That's gamboa a cheap low risk high reward signing. His career was in ruins he was not commanding big money, he didn't make much in either of his 2 fights the big money was only coming if he won and rebuilt his career. Sure golden boy hoped he could regain form my point is it didn't cost them a thing he was fighting for cheap.

Comment

• Castellanos is like a Orlando Salido but with less level.

People crying about the situation of Gamboa but:

-Castellanos is a 122-126 natural fighter.

-His last fight was 14 months ago.

-He lost he last fight by TKO.

Good for the warrior...
                Last edited by Mexican_Puppet; 05-07-2017, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TaurusJ27 View Post
                  Crawford took Gamboa's soul.
                  Signing to 50 took his soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    Castellanos is like a Orlando Salido but with less level.

People crying about the situation of Gamboa but:

-Castellanos is a 122-126 natural fighter.

-His last fight was 14 months ago.

-He lost he las fight by TKO.

Good for the warrior...
                    All due respect to Castellanos. No doubt. But he was never a name. Gamboa was. That's why the focus is on Yuri. The rise, the fall, the upset, the quit. You know.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Signing to 50 took his soul.
                      Man, that was the beginning of the end to this sad saga.

Comment

Working...
                      X