No announcement yet.

Trade Talks With China Collapse, Trump To Impose An Additional 25% Tariff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Trade is important to development. The Europeans still kept trading with the US after it got Emancipation.

When Haiti kicked out France, US and the other Europeans sided with France and France charged Haiti a huge amount of debt which held back its development.

Most of the African countries at that time were under colonization and their production and minerals were being extracted by Europeans for Europe, not for the development of Africa so tell me how would they have risen up against that. You see how successful the whites in South Africa and Zimbabwe were? That's because they still had links to Europe and were able to sell their productions to them.

Blacks wouldn't have those business connections back then.
    Forgot to quote you but left a reply for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      You are one of most deluded people I've ever had the displeasure to come across.
      And yet you keep playing his stupid, pointless games day in and day out.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        It’s good for the long term. Good on Trump for putting China in their place. If this worker ant colony think they have the economic power to dictate things to the USA, they will quickly find out their place and who the real muscle is.
        This right here.

People are blaming Trump for taking needed corrective action, but giving passes to the people who let it get this bad in the first place.

Comment

Very warped way of thinking. You fall prey to believing already pre conceived ideas, which you then justify with weak arguments instead of having an objective eye.
          He's a superfan.

He will always side with the team.

Team loyalty > everything else

He's one of the poster children for that warped way of thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
            I agree with a lot that you say but the idea is to resist colonization .That amounts to being conquered.My point wasn’t a stab at the blacks who took over the farms because the whites surely stole that land but to be better prepared to take over the role as farmers.The whites in Africa are similar to the ones who took the native Americans down the road to ruin and stole the resources that America had to offer while keeping them oppressed.I think both cases are similar .I just can’t believe how long those policies in South Africa with apartheid went on before the world took notice.But it’s always about gold oil diamonds ect basically greed that causes most if not all of this.
            i know, man. i am not pleased with how the generation of politicians who took over after those politicians who got us independence performed. So i blame them too for our underdevelopment.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              i know, man. i am not pleased with how the generation of politicians who took over after those politicians who got us independence performed. So i blame them too for our underdevelopment.
              Africa just had to many resources and I agree the Europeans were the major down fall for development in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
                Funny thing is the country benefiting from all of this is Mexico.

[chinalawblog/2019/04/the-china-us-trade-war-and-the-winner-is-mexico.html[/url]
                I heard about this years ago! The last big hurricane that hit Mexico like 3 or 4 years ago was "made" by the U.S The conspiracy was Mexico was ready to switch from the U.S currency to the Chinese Yen (or whatever its called

Comment

I had a good laugh today seeing people call Trump a moron about this on Twitter.
                  There's people, American too believe it or not, making the argument that China can handle much worse! That the tariffs won't sway China one way or another and there grit will just beat us weak Americans.

Hahahaha just hilarious. The Chinese populace have a strong favorability for Trump. They call him Donald the Strong. No joke. Xi Jin Ping would be sh@tting his pants if he knew Trump's most ardent enemies were arguing China can handle much worse economic ruin. China has literally been in a great depression for probably a year now because of Trump. They are at their wits end.
                  Also Xi Jin Ping wants to rule for decades. Having President Trump do a number on China's economy like this greatly threatens his lasting ambition to stay in power for the next long time.

Comment

Looks like the US and China were just about ready to come to a trade agreement when at the last minute China pulled out on a few key specifics crucial to the deal. They have constantly pulled this tactic at the last minute with US in the past, however, this time it looks like there will be a penalty to pay.

https://www.apnews.com/e8a5195c21af44e5b783082366cc2f29
                    China's been doing this forever man. I have a liberal friend who hates Trump but he wants him to put the pressure on China. They always do this and this is perfect. War Trump.

Comment

I'm about to start a trade war with my grocery store. They've been taking advantage of me far to long. I have a trade deficit of hundreds of thousands of dollars with them. I'm starting a garden and the grocery store is going to have to buy some of my fruits & vegetables to even out this deficit I have with them. If they don't want to play fair I'll go directly to the farms & buy my products. I'm going to find farms that sell everything my grocery store sells and have it shipped to my house weekly. Kroger has been taking advantage of me way too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X