Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner was 150lbs on fight night. Why cant he fight @ 140 again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    after that performance he had over the week end, id love to see him fight burns...
    why .......

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      The problem is he's obviously much more talented then the weak comp at 135 so why stick around in a weak division when he can make much more money fighting higher profile fights against better comp @ 140. As a fan why would you want to see a fighter fight tomato cans?
      Hey I'm all for better comp and I hate that motherfucker with a passion. Nothing would satisfy me more than seeing that POS getting knocked out. Being fair though, if he wants to stay and have the discipline to make the weight to stay and rule there then I can't shit on him for that. Look at Bernard Hopkins for instance. He could of moved up and faced better comp but stayed in his division(160) and ruled it because he was disciplined enough to make the weight. 160 was weak as well and needed blown up WWs to make it exciting again. Just saying.

Comment

I'd like to see him fight the Burns vs Vazquez winner and Abril at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          I see many if not all of Broners fans against a move for him to 140lbs. They keep saying that he's young and shouldnt be rushed. Now I respect Broners skills and am a fan of his fan friendly aggression in the ring, but lets be honest. there is absolutely no comp for him at 135. Its a dead division filled with C-B level fighters.

Lets take Danny Garcia for example. He has had just as many pro fights as Broner and has already faced the likes of Amir Khan, the hard hitting Kendall Holt, and is tabbed to face Zab Judah.

I constantly see Broner's fans comparing him to Floyd, yet in Floyd's 25th pro fight, he was facing Diego Corrales and had already faced Genaro Hernadez and Manfredy.

Although Broner makes the weight its obvious he can compete at 140 given the fact that he comes in the ring weighing what Floyd and Pac do for their WW boughts.

So I ask, why do his fans prefer to see him protected rather than see him move up to the talent rich 140lb division?

Really, I kinda see the opposite and find that alot of people are eager to see broner up at 140 and about how if there's no fight with burns than there is no one for broner at 135. I thought that I was one of the few that felt they were rushing broner

Comment

Anyone have any idea as to what broners wall around weight might be

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916
              I see many if not all of Broners fans against a move for him to 140lbs. They keep saying that he's young and shouldnt be rushed. Now I respect Broners skills and am a fan of his fan friendly aggression in the ring, but lets be honest. there is absolutely no comp for him at 135. Its a dead division filled with C-B level fighters.

Lets take Danny Garcia for example. He has had just as many pro fights as Broner and has already faced the likes of Amir Khan, the hard hitting Kendall Holt, and is tabbed to face Zab Judah.

I constantly see Broner's fans comparing him to Floyd, yet in Floyd's 25th pro fight, he was facing Diego Corrales and had already faced Genaro Hernadez and Manfredy.

Although Broner makes the weight its obvious he can compete at 140 given the fact that he comes in the ring weighing what Floyd and Pac do for their WW boughts.

So I ask, why do his fans prefer to see him protected rather than see him move up to the talent rich 140lb division?
              wrong the only people comparing him to floyd are his bitter haters and thats fact...you even got MP fanatics on this site hating on this dude

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by illmaticfighter

if he moves up nnow ppl would claim he ducking the winner of vasquez -burns.

he's only 23 the guys at 140 aren't old except for judah.

why can't you be patient and wait a couple of months to see what he does after he fights the winner of vasquez -burns then bit88 about?

Vasquez, Burns? The only people I see calling for these fights are Broner fans who are against him moving up to 140.
                lmao stop loying you bum idiot

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by illmaticfighter

if he moves up nnow ppl would claim he ducking the winner of vasquez -burns.

he's only 23 the guys at 140 aren't old except for judah.

why can't you be patient and wait a couple of months to see what he does after he fights the winner of vasquez -burns then bit88 about?

Vasquez, Burns? The only people I see calling for these fights are Broner fans who are against him moving up to 140.
                  stop lying.....just stop

Comment

Originally posted by Money&TheProbem
                    Look, this is how it is. and this is coming from a HUGE Broner fan, just look at my username.
                    man this BS got to stop smh

Comment

This is stupid. He only just moved up to 135 in November so why the rush? Yes let's see him at 140 but then he still has the Burns/Vasquez winner at 135 so? It's not like he is making 20 odd defences at 135 without moving up to challenge himself, if he fights the Winner of burns/Vasquez that would be 3 belts on the line and isn't that what we fans wanted and complain about boxing not having one guy holding all the belt? Boxing fans must be the most critical fans in sport, we are never content, we whine and cry at everything. IMO he should stay at 135 for one or two more fights then move to 140 after picking up at the available belts at 135 and then do the same at 140 then move up to 147 etc

Comment

Working...
                      X