Michael Arndt to write Star Wars 7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Arndt to write Star Wars 7

Pretty quick announcement

Arndt won an Oscar for Little Miss sunshine and also wrote Toy Story 3 which was nominated for an Oscar, so he's got some good form

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...ar-wars-script

is his **** childish or does he do some pretty good stories for older audiences? any clues to what its going to be about?

Comment

Little Miss Sunshine was a good film, as was Toy Story 3.

But StarWars ended with Return of the Jedi for me.

Comment

Timothy Zahn should write the Star Wars sequels. Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Timothy Zahn should write the Star Wars sequels. Grand Admiral Thrawn.
          They have said that the new films will be an original story, rendering the entire expanded universe non-canon

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            They have said that the new films will be an original story, rendering the entire expanded universe non-canon
            Considering they already made a slack fanny of the canon that is not surprising.

Comment

Canon is good, that's what they have to use.

If they start making stuff up it's going to suck dick, not that I'm bothered as I haven't enjoyed Star Wars since I was 11. But I'd like to see it not become corrupted and completely shit on.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Canon is good, that's what they have to use.

If they start making stuff up it's going to suck dick, not that I'm bothered as I haven't enjoyed Star Wars since I was 11. But I'd like to see it not become corrupted and completely shit on.
                Canon is what is in the films. It replaced the stories of the expanded universe.

For example:

Jaster Mereel was a Journeyman Protector but was exiled after killing a corrupt superior officer. He then became a bounty hunter of extraordinary skill and changed his name to the feared Boba Fett.

That storyline was thrown out and he became the whiny adolescent clone-son of the ridiculously named "Jango Fett" and they re-recorded his voice from that of Jeremy Bulloch to that of the New Zealand actor who played Jango because apparently in George Lucas' universe accents are genetic.

Also

How did the head stay in!?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Canon is what is in the films. It replaced the stories of the expanded universe.

For example:

Jaster Mereel was a Journeyman Protector but was exiled after killing a corrupt superior officer. He then became a bounty hunter of extraordinary skill and changed his name to the feared Boba Fett.

That storyline was thrown out and he became the whiny adolescent clone-son of the ridiculously named "Jango Fett" and they re-recorded his voice from that of Jeremy Bulloch to that of the New Zealand actor who played Jango because apparently in George Lucas' universe accents are genetic.

Also

How did the head stay in!?
                  Canon isn't just films, it can be novels and others works. Star Wars has a huge amount of canon, enough to be used to make several more films. I'd rather they cover something about Exar Kun or The Old Republic than make up new ideas.

Whoever writes these next films has a plethora of ideas and storylines already available to them.

Comment

They should do the same thing the Knights of the Old Republics games BioWare made did, where the story is so long before the films that you can do whatever you want without worrying about canon.

If these movies are thousands of years before or after the movies, it would be fine to make them completely original.

Comment

Working...
                    X