Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're Mexican and you're hoping for the downfall of Canelo or Chavez Jr...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
    Hey I'm just being honest here. Canelo has sized better against his opposition while Chavez has only began to look Ok. Plus his use of diuretics discredit him more than Canelo.
    I never said I wanted him to fail, I just don't think he'll beat Martinez it's that simple. Martinez isn't a punching bag like lyel or Manfredo. He couldn't even KO a stationary Rubio. Chavez is too green for Martinez right now.
    Good points, but Diuretics isn't even a PED, it's just a drug to help you piss more often, in his case to make weight. He probably didn't even know it was on the banned substance list, and this was before he was with Roach regardless. Sure you could say Chavez "only began" to look okay, but that's the point, he's improving and still beat the tough Rubio and hard southpaw puncher in Lee.

There's always a case against all fighters, but I will always back the Mexican fighters. Is Canelo a SWW fighting a JWW in his next fight? Yes he is, but I'm still rooting for him because he's a Mexican G plain and simple. Lopez is cool too and I'm sure it will be fireworks.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
      Good points, but Diuretics isn't even a PED, it's just a drug to help you piss more often, in his case to make weight. He probably didn't even know it was on the banned substance list, and this was before he was with Roach regardless. Sure you could say Chavez "only began" to look okay, but that's the point, he's improving and still beat the tough Rubio and hard southpaw puncher in Lee.

There's always a case against all fighters, but I will always back the Mexican fighters. Is Canelo a SWW fighting a JWW in his next fight? Yes he is, but I'm still rooting for him because he's a Mexican G plain and simple. Lopez is cool too and I'm sure it will be fireworks.
      valid points, but u like to flaunt the chavez 46-0 and is still improving stuff?

a 46-0 champion should've been fighting wayyy better opposition a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
        valid points, but u like to flaunt the chavez 46-0 and is still improving stuff?

a 46-0 champion should've been fighting wayyy better opposition a long time ago.
        No notable amateur background though, same with Canelo. But yes, he's finally stepping up to the plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post

Martinez is levels beyond Lee who has been Chavez' best win. I'm saying Chavez might be too green for Martinez it would be like Canelo fighting Mayweather right now. I'm not hoping and praying for their defeat, it would be a pleasant surprice to see Jr win but being realistic I really think Martinez beats Jr.

Canelo's fight is a different case, that involved a lot of weird cases.He was signed to fight Williams which was a pretty damn good fight because they both fight to win. We know what happened to Williams and Ortiz would have been a terrific fight had it not been because of the broken jaw. I think at this stage Lopez earn his ticket in a weird way but this might just end up being a tune up for maybe and hopefully a Cotto fight in December.

Comment

Working...
          X