No announcement yet.

I am trying to understand why Americans have the right to own a gun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    I shoot a bare bow or traditional whatever you want to call it. People using compound bows could literally become a better shot than me in 5 to 25 minutes just because of the advantages of this hi tech bow. Then you go with a cross-bow and it's almost the same as a rifle. And right now in the woods,s it's very rare that you see people hunting with a traditional bow, most of the hunting is with rifles, shotguns, compound bows and cross-bows.
    So I am relating this to conflict b/w amongst people and the advantages of having a gun, how much easier it is to get to the desired outcome.
    lol to be fair it's not as efficient.

I mean for protection, holding that damn thing between your legs to draw it back and fire out a bolt at a time is kind of a problem.

Like 3 guys v.s 1 12ga shotgun is doom for all three..........you'd have to be Van Helsing or some **** to take out 3 dudes with a crossbow.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

You can't always rely on the cops for the safety of your family. But at the same time, there are too many trigger-happy psychos who would blow your brains out for no apparent reason.
      Last edited by Carpe Diem; 03-23-2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

I just don't get it. It's much easier to kill somebody with a gun than with bare hands. I think it's the single most important factor leading to more or more severe crimes. I understand people wanting to have guns if everybody has a gun, you would like to be able to protect yourself, I get that. What I don't understand is the law that allows people to have guns and why it isn't abolished already.

americans are warriors dude

we've been fighting wars ceaselessly since we came about

we were born via the war

remained sovereign via war

it's in the culture. i dont own a gun and probably will never own one. but i can certainly understand the american idea that a man should have the right to own a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
          lol to be fair it's not as efficient.

I mean for protection, holding that damn thing between your legs to draw it back and fire out a bolt at a time is kind of a problem.

Like 3 guys v.s 1 12ga shotgun is doom for all three..........you'd have to be Van Helsing or some **** to take out 3 dudes with a crossbow.
          lol, I was talking about the woods where it's usually one shot and done. In my city last year a Chinese boy killed his father in front of a public library with a cross-bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            You can't always rely on the cops for the safety of your family. But at the same time, there are too many trigger-happy psychos out there.

ANd if you made guns illegal, those idiots who would would be first to use them, would still likely hvae guns. . .

THen you'd leave law abiding citizens without a gun in their house to be able to protect their family. .

My dad had a handgun, but I didn't even know he had it until I was like 16-17. . He kept it locked away in a hidden safe in his room. . .

Comment

Why personally I wouldn't carry a gun is because let's say I have to protect myself and I kill somebody I could be jailed for life. I rather not have a gun, live the odds that somebody might kill me with a gun as opposed to going to jail for protecting myself by killing somebody.

Comment

The old saying, it's better to have a gun and not need it then to need a gun and not have it.

I don't care how many black kids get shot up. Every time a big story about a unjust gun shooting happens, the "lets outlaw guns" brigade starts chirping.

You'd still have the black market providing guns and a lot of law abiding citizens wouldn't go there, while some other people are strapped.

P.S. I don't personally own a gun and yet still, ban Guns on a 300 million nation?

Comment

Why personally I wouldn't carry a gun is because let's say I have to protect myself and I kill somebody I could be jailed for life. I rather not have a gun, live the odds that somebody might kill me with a gun as opposed to going to jail for protecting myself by killing somebody.

Which is the same reason why I would never carry a gun around. . An ass whipping is ust an asswhipping. . I feel like I can defend myself well enough to prevent getting beat to death. . .

Still like having a gun at my house, locked up safely. . .

Comment

I tell you this... if a country decided to try come invade America, they're going to have a fu(kin' hard time doing so. Haha. You can times the number of troops we have which is about 3 million with 50 probably. That would be at least 150 million people with guns. Haha. 45% of America has a gun. That would be a very hard battle to pull off.

Comment

Because we are smart.

When the zombie apocalypse happens, US citizens will last the longest. Compared to the rest of the world that disallows citizens to own guns.

Good luck fighting a horde of zombies with a kitchen knife. Remember, you don't have to always get bitten. Just bodily fluid transfer.

Comment

Working...
                      X