No announcement yet.

Xoom vs ipad2 vs Galaxy Tab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Xoom vs ipad2 vs Galaxy Tab

Looking to get one of these tablets this week ... and would like some undigested opinion from actual users about the Pro's & Con's.

Wi-Fi Versions Only

What is pissing me off is that many sites are not objective in their comparisons and some just flat-out rate Ipad2 over just about everything, no matter what

Here's what I will be using it for:
    -Roaming technical reference database
    -technical data {pdf's, CHM's, doc, txt, etc...}
    -Watching CBT's {Computerbasedtraining}
    -documenting notes from the field
    -listening to music once in a while
    -checking email once in a while

Chime in ..........

Not a apple fan.. so out of those I'd go with the Samsung.. you might wanna look at the Asus tranformer and the transformer prime both about to get ice cream sandwich

Comment

do u browse a lot of flash sites? get the galaxy

if not wait a couple of months for the ipad 3...it should be the best tablet on the market

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
        do u browse a lot of flash sites? get the galaxy

if not wait a couple of months for the ipad 3...it should be the best tablet on the market
        Do you know if they are adding micro SD card support????

I was warned about the ipads, in regard to their inability to support any type of removable media. And other than their proprietary backup system -- there's no way to recover docs & notes if those backups become corrupted. I have a huge library of technical books mainly in pdf and chm formats. The Xoom supports microSD cards which would be huge as a on-board backup system.

I don't want to be traveling around, while loading tons of data into a system, that if something happens, like an ios crash ... I'm up ****'s creek.

That is a major ipad demerit .....

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
          Do you know if they are adding micro SD card support????

I was warned about the ipads, in regard to their inability to support any type of removable media. And other than their proprietary backup system -- there's no way to recover docs & notes if those backups become corrupted. I have a huge library of technical books mainly in pdf and chm formats. The Xoom supports microSD cards which would be huge as a on-board backup system.

I don't want to be traveling around, while loading tons of data into a system, that if something happens, like an ios crash ... I'm up ****'s creek.

That is a major ipad demerit .....
          they probably wont but u'll have a better tablet in general

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/01/13/...-march-launch/
          by this report which is very reliable the new ipad will launch in a little over a month

Comment

+1 on the Asus Transformer prime. Asus doesnt play when it comes to updating their hardware.

Comment

definitely asus. will suit your needs much better and by what your looking for, USB OTG will prove very useful for you.

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFan View Post
                definitely asus. will suit your needs much better and by what your looking for, USB OTG will prove very useful for you.
                The newest Asus Transformer Prime (and the upcoming one with the 1080p screen) are great.

The only thing I don't like about the Transformer is the proprietary charger. It's expensive, it's not available everywhere (yet), and AFAIK, it doesn't power anything but the Transformers. If it wasn't for the charger, I would blindly recommend the Transformer for any semi-competent computer user who wants a tablet.

Comment

If you want the best, get an iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
                    The newest Asus Transformer Prime (and the upcoming one with the 1080p screen) are great.

The only thing I don't like about the Transformer is the proprietary charger. It's expensive, it's not available everywhere (yet), and AFAIK, it doesn't power anything but the Transformers. If it wasn't for the charger, I would blindly recommend the Transformer for any semi-competent computer user who wants a tablet.
                    Also the price tag:

$500 +/- Tablet
                    $270 +/- Keyboard dock

Aside from that it is a awesome tablet

Comment

Working...
                    X