Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nets fire Avery Johnson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant blame them man, watching the offense was terrible. They walk the ball up, set about 5 picks and ball doesn't move around until 7 seconds left on shot clock. They force themselves to play iso offense which is what Avery prefers. Also you can't have a center such as lopez who needs to set up and post and while trying to have talents who play better in hurry offense.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      Derron questioned their scheme the other day too...

i hope PJ Carlesimo can get them going...i have Joe Johnson on my squad and he's been sucking ass this year
      Deron Williams was my first pick. If you can't tell the disappointment from my post trust me...it's there.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        Deron Williams was my first pick. If you can't tell the disappointment from my post trust me...it's there.

i really expected higher numbers from Deron as well...like i said, hopefully PJ just lets them run their games and it all meshes...kinda like when Bickerstaff took over...if all their stars just play up to their averages, the team will win games

Comment

Deron Williams is the real problem.

just ask jerry sloan.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Not Avery Johnson's fault that they built the team around a bunch of overrated players.
            I like Avery but that team has too much talent to be performing they way they have. Joe Johnson is over rated but him D Will and Brook Lopez are three of the best players at their respective positions in the Eastern Conference. I was shocked to hear that the Nets have the leagues second highest payroll.
            Last edited by $tate of Mind; 12-27-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              i really expected higher numbers from Deron as well...like i said, hopefully PJ just lets them run their games and it all meshes...kinda like when Bickerstaff took over...if all their stars just play up to their averages, the team will win games
              Exactly, Deron let it be known before the firing. Teams tend to respond two different ways when things like this happen. Either it's "Oh **** we better play harder and try to win because heads will roll (i.e. the Knicks last year)" or "**** it the season's lost let me be selfish(i.e. The Blazers last year)"
              Last edited by SkillspayBills; 12-27-2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

There are so many problems with the Nets roster, I never understood why they were so highly regarded. They have ZERO speed, ZERO rim protection and outside of Crash Wallace, they don't have a perimeter defender. Their offense has been performing pretty well, even with D-will's laughably awful season and PJ Carlesimo isn't going to turn them into a good defensive team because they don't have the personnel for it. Their answer for defense is just to slow the pace down. And that's what they'll keep doing. Maybe the players were starting to rebel and there was some traumatic locker room issue that I'm unaware of. That would help explain Williams' and Johnson's struggles.

Comment

November coach of the month..december..

back in chuch.

so reactionary. Their "best" players are overrated and their real best players are slow and need someone to get them the ball

Comment

just wow....

Comment

you can't build a club around Derron Williams he is too demanding needs to go to an established team like Lakers or Boston where other superstars could check him when he gets out of line

Comment

Working...
                      X