No announcement yet.

Does Floyd make your top 50 list

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
    his best win is diego corrales. someone who probably wont make the hall of fame. What's his second and third best wins?

Ricky Hatton at 147? Past prime oscar at 154? late 30s shane who was off for a year and a half yet managed to almost KHTFO? Castillo who beat him the first time?

he has yet TO FACE a LEGIT PRIME HALL OF FAMER.

How much is that greatness worth in ATG rankings?
    Yeah that Shane. The one who Manny said he'd only fight at a CW at the time, but than turned around and fought him anyway a year later when he was coming off a loss and a draw. That one. The one that EVERYONE was saying Floyd should fight at that time. Yeah, that one. And it wasn't exactly Floyd's fault that fights with Wright and Mosley didn't happen in 05-06.

I'm willing to bet Corrales or Castillo get into the HOF. Castillo is the best LW of his era and has wins over Johnston/Bazan/Casamayor/J. Diaz/Corrales/Lazcano. Corrales got wins over R. Garcia/Manfredy/Gainer/Freitas/Casamayor/Castillo, and won titles in 2 weight classes as well.

I mean Kostya Tszyu got in on his first ballot with his resume, and Castillo/Corrales resumes really aren't much different from Tszyu's.

And yeah that same past prime Oscar at 154 where Floyd went up in weight to fight him, gave Oscar every advantage, and a fight everyone wanted to see at the time. The same past prime Oscar that Manny fought a year and a half later at a weight he hadn't been to in 8-9 years.

Comment

If he beat sergio at middlweight he'd be greater than manny no argument at all could logically deny that but thats if.

Comment

I am not sure about the correct ranking, in historical terms.

If we include all weight categories, in a p4p-like ranking, there are simply too many possibly great fighters that I, and most people I presume, never heard about.

That said, as a boxing fan I really like Floyd's style, he is terribly skilled. He knows what boxing is about, which is a rare enough quality nowadays.

I could say that he doesn't only rely on speed and wild punches, but then many people here wouldn't appreciate the humor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          If he beat sergio at middlweight he'd be greater than manny no argument at all could logically deny that but thats if.
          I really think he could do it without beating Sergio.

Say he beats Manny and than retires, he'd move ahead of Manny clearly in my opinion. But if Manny beats Marquez and Rios, than retires. And than if Floyd beats a Berto/Guerrero coming off some good wins, an Alvare coming off a good win or two, and maybe even a Garcia coming off some good wins later on, he'd move ahead of Manny. It's really that close.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Yeah that Shane. The one who Manny said he'd only fight at a CW at the time, but than turned around and fought him anyway a year later when he was coming off a loss and a draw. That one. The one that EVERYONE was saying Floyd should fight at that time. Yeah, that one. And it wasn't exactly Floyd's fault that fights with Wright and Mosley didn't happen in 05-06.

I'm willing to bet Corrales or Castillo get into the HOF. Castillo is the best LW of his era and has wins over Johnston/Bazan/Casamayor/J. Diaz/Corrales/Lazcano. Corrales got wins over R. Garcia/Manfredy/Gainer/Freitas/Casamayor/Castillo, and won titles in 2 weight classes as well.

I mean Kostya Tszyu got in on his first ballot with his resume, and Castillo/Corrales resumes really aren't much different from Tszyu's.

And yeah that same past prime Oscar at 154 where Floyd went up in weight to fight him, gave Oscar every advantage, and a fight everyone wanted to see at the time. The same past prime Oscar that Manny fought a year and a half later at a weight he hadn't been to in 8-9 years.
            is shane manny's best win? is shane even in the top 5? pac beating shane is just the cherry on top. This is in regards to floyd and his resume. Pac doesnt need the shane win. its absolutely inconsequential to his resume. Same thing with the oscar fight.

Again this is a thread about floyd. Stay on point.

As for castillo and corrales. They are not bona fide legit hall of famers.

I highly doubt castillo gets in and corrales either although his tragic ending might garner sympathy votes.

Comment

I have him around 35-45 so yes he does.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
                Lmaooooo jump off a bridge with no bungy cord
                Please read the full thread and find that I was indeed joking.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  is shane manny's best win? is shane even in the top 5? pac beating shane is just the cherry on top. This is in regards to floyd and his resume. Pac doesnt need the shane win. its absolutely inconsequential to his resume. Same thing with the oscar fight.

Again this is a thread about floyd. Stay on point.

As for castillo and corrales. They are not bona fide legit hall of famers.

I highly doubt castillo gets in and corrales either although his tragic ending might garner sympathy votes.
                  Manny's wins: Sasakul, Ledwaba, Barrera, Morales, Marquez, Solis, Diaz, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and Bradley.

Floyd's wins: G. Hernandez, Manfredy, G. Vargas, Corrales, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo, Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto.

There closer than you think, especially considering Morales going into his losses against Manny. It was a good win for Manny, and Morales is a great fighter, but he was coming off a pretty crappy loss to Raheem prior to losing to Manny.

Anyways, Floyd's won 8 titles in 5 weight classes, aside from him and Manny who seem to never want to fight each other at the same time, who could he have added that he didn't???

He was going to fight the Tszyu-Hatton winner in Late 05', but Tszyu lost. Floyd tried to fight Hatton later that year, to which Hatton and his team said they weren't ready. They fought when both were undefeated and Top 10 P4P anyway. Margarito, he could have added Margarito, and that would have been a good win, but how much was that going to really boost Floyd's resume??? Maybe 1-2 spots at the most. He tried to fight Wright and Mosley in 05-06, not Floyd's fault those didn't happen. Wright priced himself out clearly, and Mosley wasn't going to fight Floyd before his boss, Oscar De La Hoya. he couldn't say that publicly, so he came up with the tooth and vacation stuff.

Martinez, if Floyd were to fight him, it's a bonus. It's like Leonard fighting Hagler. Leonard didn't have to go up to 160, though Leonard's body is much bigger than Floyd's so he can naturally handle that weight better. Floyd's already been through 5 weight classes and started at 130, and people think he should be obligated to fight a Middleweight, regardless of the weight. That'll be a bonus that probably never happens. It doesn't really need to. Mayweather-Pacquiao is the one that needs to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Look at this nuthugger...

Floyd doesn't exactly have a bunch of world beaters to his credit, but the names he has are good enough that with his ability, he should be top 50 IMO.

top 250 easy...his win over Bruselles put him above Jorge Paez

Comment

at least is not a troll bait thread like the other Pac crap thread i can vote in this one

Comment

Working...
                      X