No announcement yet.

The Americans said Daniel Jacobs and Devon Alexander are "Future P4P Kings"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chav View Post
    Add James Kirkland to that list too, he was enjoying a lot of hype and was turning into a crowd pleaser, but he got rocked and stunned in his fight before Ishida if i remember right and then his jaw shattered into a million bits when Ishidas feather fisted pillows glanced his chin.

Americans took a pasting in 2010/2011 with P.Williams getting smoked and badly ko'd and even Dawson who flies under the radar but was tipped by professionals as something special. Maybe he can regain that form, but against BHop, i don't rule out BHop beating him.

Alexander is just average at best. I thought he was better than average, but i got it badly wrong. The other American in disguise who is just terrible is Berto, but we all knew that anyway. It won't be long before Bradley get's TKO'd by Pac. I can see 2012 being another interesting year.
    he hasn't been destroyed by an eastern european, so Domination doesn't care for that one

Comment

Eurocentric Imperialist thinking at it's finest influencing the masses. I'm sure the only other non Caucasian posters in this thread encouraging the TS are most likely Asian.

Carry On.

Comment

Thank god for our Mexican brethren who chose to immigrate to our country - otherwise, we would be the laughing stock of the fistic community.

well, we got the old schoolers like Hopkins of course, but he was beat by Calzaghe. . .

But MAYWEATHER - the *******, but damn if he isn't good. . .

ALSO, technically we get to count BORICUA's as well! Although it's basically it's own little country with it's own culture - we can count 'em
        Last edited by UglyPug; 09-29-2011, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
          Thank god for our Mexican brethren who chose to immigrate to our country - otherwise, we would be the laughing stock of the fistic community.

well, we got the old schoolers like Hopkins of course, but he was beat by Calzaghe. . .

But MAYWEATHER - the *******, but damn if he isn't good. . .

ALSO, technically we get to count BORICUA's as well! Although it's basically it's own little country with it's own culture - we can count 'em
          oh plz. there are a number of american fighters who are still among the best and hottest athletes in boxing. its funny ppl talk about the us's dominance ending. and it is true to some extent. but the only country that even comes close to us in top ranked fighters is mexico and they only really compete in the lower divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            oh plz. there are a number of american fighters who are still among the best and hottest athletes in boxing. its funny ppl talk about the us's dominance ending. and it is true to some extent. but the only country that even comes close to us in top ranked fighters is mexico and they only really compete in the lower divisions.
            im just saying - americans are no longer the CLEAR dominate force in boxing. . . you gotta admit that. . . sure, due to our size and money, we still have plenty of good boxers, and some good up and comers like gary russell. . .

Comment

**** nevermind - we got dirrell, ward, dawson, bradley (although he's a bytch, he's still pretty good), and cloud. . . but looking at the pound for pound list, and champions of each weight class we aren't exactly dominating. . . far from it. .

light heavyweight division we are doing pretty good - hopins, dawson, and cloud. . .

super middleweight we got ward and dirrell

middleweight we got. . . nobody. . . quillin?

light middleweight - bundradge, williams, trout, fart'o'rosyan

welterweight - mayweather, ortiz, mike jones, andre berto, and now devon alexander SOON TO BE ROBERT GUERRERO

super lightweight - vargas, alvarado, peterson, holt, THE HEAD bradley. . . SOON TO BE ROBERT GUERRERO

lightweight - Molina and Rios.
              Last edited by UglyPug; 09-29-2011, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                Kotelnik is great, theres nothing not to like about the guy, he's a blue collar guy im gutted that he isnt getting his props and seems to have been inactive
                Kotelnik made the mistake of signing with Don King.

King has ruined a lot of boxers' careers by keeping them inactive. For example, he kept Sergey Lyakhovich inactive for THREE periods of 18 months. He signed Mario Preskar, then just kept him inactive for a year.

Comment

I don't remember the hype around Jacobs.

He looked alright.

I don't think anyone labeled him as a future P4P fighter.

Jeff Lacey got way more hype.

Devon got far too much credit for the Urango fight.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                    im just saying - americans are no longer the CLEAR dominate force in boxing. . . you gotta admit that. . . sure, due to our size and money, we still have plenty of good boxers, and some good up and comers like gary russell. . .
                    What era exactly were Americans the clear dominate force in boxing? Are you referring to only Heavyweights?

Comment

Bradley and WArd will be alright tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X