Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just watched some Andre Ward fights & thank god he retired!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
    5 unintentional headbutts against Kessler.. Two maybe.. But fúcking five? All against the same guy? Yeah, that's foul play, and why Ward ran away from a very very very lucrative offer for a rematch in Denmark, where he would have been banned from the sport for a lifetime for that unsportmanslike bullshít.
    It's this sort of crying I've been referring to. ^^^^^

Ward annihilated Kessler, idiot.

Comment

Yeah I never was a fan of Ward to be honest. Seems like a knowledgeable guy but at times biased against fighters like GGG. I never was a fan of his style. I mean it clearly worked for him and with that style you're gonna probably end up taking less damage in the long run. But it's far from fan friendly. That's not to say I don't like defensive fighters but I like when they mix in some offense like a Juan Manuel Marquez for example. I thought he was very technical but his offense was also explosive.

Comment

Ward ruined your life

Comment

Ward fought very dirty against Kessler, Bika, and in the Kovalev rematch. No matter how much I like him as a fighter, I won't deny that.

But if you try to make the case that he always fought like he did in those fights, you're wrong. You're just plain wrong. It's like saying Mayweather spent his whole career running and fighting boringly. You're taking your frustrations of a couple fights and falsely applying it to their entire careers.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Ward fought very dirty against Kessler, Bika, and in the Kovalev rematch. No matter how much I like him as a fighter, I won't deny that.

But if you try to make the case that he always fought like he did in those fights, you're wrong. You're just plain wrong. It's like saying Mayweather spent his whole career running and fighting boringly. You're taking your frustrations of a couple fights and falsely applying it to their entire careers.
            thats the truth ,he was great fighter but dirty at some points and that leaves some bitterness in many ppl ,unfortunetly when Ward name will be mentioned many people will think about this dirty moments.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
              lmao kid I'm referring to important history you clearly haven't been around for.
              I was at the Calzaghe-Kessler fight, kid. So I’ve probably been around for a lot more fights than you. Armchair fan. You claim to be from Cupey Alto too lol I’ve seen that fighters favorite son live more time than you and no TV doesn’t count. Typical armchair fan trying to puff out a “hardcore chest” but are just another casual armchair fan.
              Last edited by chrisJS; 10-07-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                I was at the Calzaghe-Kessler fight, kid. So I’ve probably been around for a lot more fights than you. Armchair fan. You claim to be from Cupey Alto too lol I’ve seen that fighters favorite son live more time than you and no TV doesn’t count. Typical armchair fan trying to puff out a “hardcore chest” but are just another casual armchair fan.
                "armchair fan."

You got the ticket stub from the fight, then?

Comment

"armchair fan."

You got the ticket stub from the fight, then?
                  I have the on-site program still, kid. I saw it the other day along with some other old programs from fights I went to. Trinidad-Mayorg was another for example.

Comment

No, the controversy around this subject is that Kessler had no chance of winning regardless of the headbutts yet the Calzaghe reputation preservationists try to make it seem like it was a factor.
                    It had to have been a "factor" man. He split Kessler eye open with a mean headbutt

Calzaghe is a much different fighter than Kessler

Comment

It's this sort of crying I've been referring to. ^^^^^

Ward annihilated Kessler, idiot.
                      By making him blind. Explain why Ward rejected a career high payday for a rematch against Kessler in Copenhagen.

Comment

Working...
                      X