No announcement yet.

low energy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low energy

hi guys. im dieting atm to try and get 'cut' for the summer and i keep running out of energy during workouts. im going boxing today at 7. what should i do to keep me going for an hour? thing is i dont want to take in too many calories as i know i wont burn all of them off boxing so i feel like it will be a step backwards if i overeat because i did boxing if that makes sense. any ideas? cheers

What sort of foods are you eating now?

If you're training you still need to eat enough food to give you energy, you can't survive on just salads or you will feel drained. You just have to pick healthy foods that will give you the carbs, protein and good fats that you want but that aren't loaded with sugar or bad fats that you don't want.

You want complex carbs before a workout for energy. Brown pasta, brown rice, whole grain bread, sweet potato, oatmeal etc. Then protein after you finish to help your muscles recover (protein shake is easiest and they're usually low calorie but high protein so good if you're trying to watch your calorie intake)
    Last edited by ScottDBA; 06-04-2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I've got a stack of epherdine man .Good stuff it's like rocket fuel .

Comment

i eat loads of chicken atm. brown bread / rice / pasta at lunch. a bit of salad but not much. i feel fine all day untill i get to the gym and then i feel exhausted after 15 mins. i might see i can scrape together enough money for some protein powder. but being a student its quite hard.

Comment

Buy some Glyco-maize or some other fast acting carb powder and mix in with your pre and post workout shakes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II
            Make sure your iron level is high enough, it can deplete pretty quickly when you train and leave you exhausted.
            We get enough iron through our diets (If your diet is good). No point in using a multivitamin that has iron in it. Women only need it because they menstruate.

Nothing wrong with taking iron, just don't overdose on it.

Comment

Buy a decent juicer and start juicing veg but add in some apples and carrots to sweeten it up. You can also blend (not juice) fruit, particularly berries and avocados and mix the juice with the blend to make a smoothie. Drink 2-3 pints a day with small meals OR up to 6 pints a day with no solid food. You'll lose weight and be full of beans.

In my juice I use:

lime
              kale
              spinach
              green beans
              sprouts
              celery
              cucumber
              ginger
              carrot
              beetroot
              red cabbage
              bell pepper
              sweet potato
              squash
              apple
              pear
              pomegranate

In the blend I put:

blueberries
              raspberries
              strawberries
              papaya
              kiwi
              avocado
              apricot
              fig

Optional extras are:

acidopholus
              soy lecitin
              wheat germ
              psillium husks
              udos oil (VERY IMPORTANT AIM FOR 2-3 oz PER DAY)
              manuka honey
              spirulina

Then I mix everything together.

If you use a low speed twin screw juicer then this stuff will keep a whole day or even two days. With a high speed juicer it only keeps a few minutes so make small batches more often.

Comment

Working...
              X