Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current mma fighter would have the balls to stand with a boxer in the octagon???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What current mma fighter would have the balls to stand with a boxer in the octagon???

Casual fan of mma here but in my opinion i would have to say, the diaz brothers and the spider silva because he beleives in his hands

Jose Aldo. And he would probably beat most of them via leg kicks.

Can't see Anderson going for takedowns.

Machida. Gustafsson probably. JDS. Hunt.

Comment

Condit?
      Pettis?
      Cerrone?

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZAH View Post
        Casual fan of mma here but in my opinion i would have to say, the diaz brothers and the spider silva because he beleives in his hands
        MMA fighters often train and spar with real boxers.....

also, you gonna make a thread in the boxing section asking which boxers would go to the ground with an MMA fighter?

I can't see why an MMA fighter wouldn't wanna keep it standing [IF his striking was decent] with the likely vast difference in striking arsenal, i.e kicks, knees and elbows, combined with the threat of the takedown.

Comment

the only person i really seen stand with them is that tim sylvia i think it is, when old ray mercer knocked him out, jeremy williams has 4 kos or so on his mma record and mayorga dropped the guy he faught wen they were standing

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZAH View Post
            the only person i really seen stand with them is that tim sylvia i think it is, when old ray mercer knocked him out, jeremy williams has 4 kos or so on his mma record and mayorga dropped the guy he faught wen they were standing
            the guy Mayorga fought was as much an mma fighter as Mayorga himself.

Comment

Diaz bros for sure.

Comment

Lol the Diaz's would not stand with a boxer in MMA. If anything, they would be the ones that want to shoot more than anyone since they primarily use boxing in MMA. If you stand with a boxer in MMA, youre either a moron or a good kicker.

Comment

i dont think any one would and its not because they dont have balls but because it would be dumb. it would be dumb for a boxer to try to grabble with a mma

having said that can we please stop with the nonsense that the diaz brothers can box? both these guys suck at boxing even in mma when they always lose the stand up battle

Comment

Originally posted by tocayito1 View Post
                    i dont think any one would and its not because they dont have balls but because it would be dumb. it would be dumb for a boxer to try to grabble with a mma

having said that can we please stop with the nonsense that the diaz brothers can box? both these guys suck at boxing even in mma when they always lose the stand up battle
                    gotta agree, their style only seems to work when fighters stand and let it happen

Comment

Working...
                    X