No announcement yet.

Fights I'm Sorry I Missed: Mary Ann Almager vs Suzette Taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights I'm Sorry I Missed: Mary Ann Almager vs Suzette Taylor

As a relatively new fan of women's boxing, one contest I'd like to have seen was the dust-up between Mary Ann Almager and Suzette Taylor at the Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, in May 2000 on a Cedric Kuschner promotion.

From what I've read about it, this 6-round contest rescued an otherwise all-male bill that was totally boring. Seemingly both women maintained a cracking pace throughout the bout, which was described as one of the bloodiest, most brutal female fights ever seen. Almager won on points.

Intense contests like that work wonders for the credibility of women's boxing. If anyone has more information, please share.

One never lose anything by politeness.

Comment

Originally posted by glovelover View Post
      As a relatively new fan of women's boxing, one contest I'd like to have seen was the dust-up between Mary Ann Almager and Suzette Taylor at the Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, in May 2000 on a Cedric Kuschner promotion.

From what I've read about it, this 6-round contest rescued an otherwise all-male bill that was totally boring. Seemingly both women maintained a cracking pace throughout the bout, which was described as one of the bloodiest, most brutal female fights ever seen. Almager won on points.

Intense contests like that work wonders for the credibility of women's boxing. If anyone has more information, please share.
      It was the toughest fight since Jem Belcher Vs James "Deaf Un" BOURKE.

Comment

Working...
      X