No announcement yet.

A New Beginning...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Beginning...

Thanks to the UCC for the title of my thread...

Been having a hell of a time the last month so I've been thrown off my diet and my exercise, but its time to get back on track. Monday I kicked it off with a quick 3 k run, and I don't know exactly what I ran today but I got up at 6 to try and beat the heat. I'd say it was around 6k's, but sadly the heat got me on the last kilometre so I had to walk about half a kilometre near the end. I don't know what I'm doing today quite yet, I might go out, but if I don't I'll try and start up a plyometric strength training program and see how it goes. If not I'll do it this evening, but it will probbaly be less extensive if that is the case.

My driving school ****ed me right in the ass, and I probbaly won't be able to drive until the end of summer... seeing as the godly Muay Thai gym is like 45 minutes away and using a train 2-3 times a week would cost me about $250 for the summer I'm going to have to abandon that until school starts... That's a ***** I was really looking forward to it. This also means I'll be using my own weights at home instead of the gym because I can't get rides down there a lot so it wouldn't be worth the money until I can drive.

So my goals are basically to continue from where my last journal left off and keep losing body fat. Except this time I want to lose as little muscle mass as possible, because I know I lost a few pounds of lean muscle mass as well as fat this spring. I also want to get a killer tan, but thats not relevant to this journal...

While my lack of driving ability has changed things its not going to ruin my plans to keep getting in better shape. Here's the plan:

1) Heavy Cardio 4 times a week
    2) Plyometric Strength Training 3 times a week
    3) Weight Training 3 times a week
    4) Work at least 35 hours a week at my part time job and save lots of cash for the school year so I can focus on training instead of having to work during the week
    5) Achieve 20, 000 posts by the end of August :crazy2:

I'll update this sometime this weekend with news on how I've arranged my program and exactly what I'm doing.

I'm a ****ing slob that loses motivation way too quickly. While I've still been wokring out and running it hasn't been nearly as largescale as I originaly intended... That's OK, I just need to keep going.

Anyways I think I'm giving up on trying to find a way to do Muay Thai and I'm going to start up Krav Maga at a local Martial Arts place. I'll update this as soon as I find out about it.

Comment

New rule to follow: Deny all temptations except hot broads, and everything small counts.

I'm going to start watching my money very carefully, and take care of the little things I normally wouldn't care about. While summer school ****ing drains my brain and body, it has me disciplined and away fromt he laziness of summer. When school's done as of next friday its time to give'r. In the meanwhile I'm going to figure out some non exercise related **** like getting a wife.

Comment

Loving my new mindset about diet, its ****ing working wonders. Had a ****ing brutal night at work 3-11, so I had to have a beer afterwards but I managed to only have the one. Right now I'm 172 pounds and would like to be 170 by the end of August. By then I'll probably just be getting my G2 and can start at the gym to bulk on some muscle mass. BTW, my friend got me into the gym as a guest yesterday and its pretty ****ing sweet. Basically tried out their freeweights and a couple of machines then ran a quick 15 minute run, but it was cool just to check it out before I actually get my membership. Also, I have a girlfriend now so there's more motivation to keep working out and dieting and such.

Comment

Things are being postponed, I'm not going to start krav maga until I have more time, probbaly in the fall. As of now I'm just going to work a lot and have a good time all summer. Still going to watch diet and work out but not too much probably.

Comment

I'm a lazy ****, been having an awesome summer but its throwing me off EVERYTHING! This week I have to get some serious strength, cardio, and some boxing training in cause I think I'm fighting some people this weekend at a party with my friends... but these people haven't showed for a fight with anyone ALL YEAR...

Comment

Luke you got to come down and train with me one day.

Comment

keep up the good work, luke.

thats the **** i like to read! FYI, IMO if you want to fight/ train then dont do too much weight lifting. Keep it minimal to your training.

Comment

I'm a dumb pile of ****! I've put back on almost 10 pounds I think over the last month because I've done nothign and ate everything!

Well I've had enough ****ing partying, I wanna get fit and ****ing start Krav Maga like I said I would months ago! Tomorrow I'm gonna start it off with some moderate exercise, and I'm beginning a strict diet. Also I need to get into a good sleeping pattern.

You'll have to bear with me, because now I'm going to be whoring in this thread to keep me motivated. I guess I'll post some very general goals, after a few weeks I can make them more specific.

-I want to weigh 185, with 15% body fat by March 1st.
                  -I want to do Krav Maga starting soon this fall, until I go off to school next fall
                  -I want to learn how to save my money and keep a solid budget so I can have lots of money for school in a year
                  -By July 1st next year I want a 6-pack! lol... that's always been a dream of mine...

Comment

Budget is going great.

Last week I began warming up with a 1 mile run Monday-Thursday, but took the weekend off due to work, going out and homework...

Yesterday I had so much homework I couldn't do anything, but tonight I did a mile warm up run and am in the middle of a back and tricep workout. After that I'm gonna do some shadow boxing, and then I'm gonna finish up with abs.

Comment

Working...
                    X