• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messege from Jeremy Jackson....

Originally posted on The UG....

Date: 21-Jul-03 12:42 AM
    88 Total Posts

I wanted to apologize for my performance on Saturday. I let my personal life get in my way. I would love to make up a million excuses, but I'm not that type of guy. Nick was better than me that night no doubt. He came ready, and had an awsome team standing behind him, along with fans that cheered him on. To my fans I had a lot going on in my head for the past few weeks, and everytime I would get over an injury I hurt something else. Everybody was against me for still fighting, but I do not back out! Almost every fighter that steps into the cage today has some kind of injury from practice or a past event, but none of us back out. We are never 100%! I knew I had everything againts me going into this fight. When it came down to the fight night it was clearly I was fighting myself. I was very hesitant to throw punches do to injury, but dont get me wrong I still had speed, but just could not fully extend my punches. Again I apologize, and I am sure you will see a rematch. For those who supported me sorry I let you down. I promise you will see the "Jeremy Jackson" you all heard of very soon! Congrats to Nick for bringing it! And he was very classy, and his team was very respectful.
    and for Spratt I read your post! I will be back, for every word you wrote that was disrespectful will come back to you from the Scorpion twice as hard. You are a great fighter, but in my opinion Nick would beat you! See you at the top, maybe this fight slowed me down but Im still comin!!!

Scorpion

We were behind you before....we're still behind you 100%
    No one goes through life without a loss and if they do they aren't testing themselves hard enough.

Comment

Amen Curly!! Jeremy, you are still number one in our house!!! We are proud of you and I've always known you were a great person on the inside and you proved that with your classy post.

Nancy, Michelle, Ashley and Daniel

P.S. The kids say more power to you next time, Germy!

Comment

Originally posted by Curly Howard
        No one goes through life without a loss and if they do they aren't testing themselves hard enough.

Comment

Well Jeremy Jackson,
          you never need to apologize or give excuses.
          You gave it your 100 percent on "that given night".
          Win or lose, You did the best you could do on "that given night".
          It doesnt mean that a fighter is better than you.
          Just on "that given night", you didnt win.

Understand? Your fans will be with you whether you win or lose, as long as you give it your 100 percent on "that given night".

And remember, there are more nights to come!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey jeremy, to bad for losing but the thing is, you went in there to fight for us, for you fans, then how can we blame you for losing? we can't. The fight itsself was a gift from you to us and the fact that you fought in dispite of all your problems makes me respect you. You'll be back, I know it! Keep training and bring the pain!

Here is a quote I think you will like:

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out where the strong man stumbled,
            or where a doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood,
            who strives valiantly, who errs, and who comes up short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions,
            and spends himself in a worthy cause. The man who at best knows the triumph of high achievement and who at worst, if he fails,
            fails while daring greatly, so that his place will never be with those cold timid souls who never knew victory or defeat."

Comment

well put Curly.

Comment

Does anyone have Spratt's UG comments on the Jackson vs. Diaz fight?

Comment

Comment

I fuggin sux to lose man--trust me, I know. Just learn from it and use it to fuel your fire for your next opponent and ****ing smash him to smithereens.

If UFC was willing to give you a shot this early in the stage, then they will definitely give you another shot down the road. Just keep up the training and don't give up. You are young!!!!!!

Good luck in the future man.

Comment

Working...
                    X