Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: Anti Capitalists/Anti-Corporation people

Buying this mask:

Directly benefits this massive corporation:

So when you're wearing one at the "We are the 99%" rally you are looking like a total twat.

Squeal give me a quick breakdown of what this ****'s all about. I find these people that are hella serious about it hilarious. Most of the time, they just jump on the latest political bandwagon without understanding what their stances are. Like the b1tch that was at an Occupy Wallstreet protest with a Starbucks in her hand.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
      Squeal give me a quick breakdown of what this ****'s all about. I find these people that are hella serious about it hilarious. Most of the time, they just jump on the latest political bandwagon without understanding what their stances are. Like the b1tch that was at an Occupy Wallstreet protest with a Starbucks in her hand.
      At it's core it's a gathering of malcontents who vaguely disapprove of the state of things and have a lot of time on their hands. The numbers are bulked up by the usual suspects of unions, poverty groups and special interest protesters and rounded out by curious onlookers and people with myriad beefs.

I don't doubt that many of these guys have genuinely sincere grievances and issues, the trouble is that there are so many grievances being aired that genuine issues are lost in the crowd.

This is an issue with every large scale protest nowadays. Even a focused protest is inevitably hijacked by ne'er do well welfare jockeys who do this sort of thing for a living and the real voices get drowned out.

I strongly support the right to peaceful protest. I just think that the people taking part in them should have a definite goal in mind. What does the "Occupy..." movement want? Change? Revolution? Actually it's unclear. Any movement needs a focus, a list of demands. If this movement was calling for, I don't know, an inquiry into the conduct of bank executives, a demand to curb executive bonuses in companies in receipt of government bail-outs and the exploration of amending the tax code to restrict the ability of the mega-rich to hide behind accounting tricks to avoid paying tax on their actual income then they might get somewhere.

Instead you have a total mess of people who really don't know what they want and they have no solutions to offer.

WHAT DO WE WANT?
      Stuff and junk...
      WHEN DO WE WANT IT!?
      Soon. Ish.

Be specific.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Buying this mask:

Directly benefits this massive corporation:

So when you're wearing one at the "We are the 99%" rally you are looking like a total twat.
        Ain't been to one. I just support it in spirit. Most people are angry with the banks, though, not just any old corporation. Unless WB is involved in BoA's shift of bad assets and derivatives into the FDIC system to the tune of 75 trillion, I don't think a dollar or two for a mask makes them appear all that silly.

http://occupywallst.org/forum/holy-b...stopping-75-t/

Comment

i'll let them know bruh

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
            They're not protesting the existence of corporations.
            They're protesting the power some corporations have over the government among a variety of other things. A big part of it deals with Banks..

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              At it's core it's a gathering of malcontents who vaguely disapprove of the state of things and have a lot of time on their hands. The numbers are bulked up by the usual suspects of unions, poverty groups and special interest protesters and rounded out by curious onlookers and people with myriad beefs.

I don't doubt that many of these guys have genuinely sincere grievances and issues, the trouble is that there are so many grievances being aired that genuine issues are lost in the crowd.

This is an issue with every large scale protest nowadays. Even a focused protest is inevitably hijacked by ne'er do well welfare jockeys who do this sort of thing for a living and the real voices get drowned out.

I strongly support the right to peaceful protest. I just think that the people taking part in them should have a definite goal in mind. What does the "Occupy..." movement want? Change? Revolution? Actually it's unclear. Any movement needs a focus, a list of demands. If this movement was calling for, I don't know, an inquiry into the conduct of bank executives, a demand to curb executive bonuses in companies in receipt of government bail-outs and the exploration of amending the tax code to restrict the ability of the mega-rich to hide behind accounting tricks to avoid paying tax on their actual income then they might get somewhere.

Instead you have a total mess of people who really don't know what they want and they have no solutions to offer.

WHAT DO WE WANT?
              Stuff and junk...
              WHEN DO WE WANT IT!?
              Soon. Ish.

Be specific.
              For someone as intelligent, informed and articulate as you can be, you missed this one big time. You're either willfully ignorant or mean spirited. If you would have watched the videos or have read the manifesto or even read some online literature about it you would have found that their complaints center largely around the corruption in politics via our bought politicians and, by extension, the plutocracy that we have allowed to take root in our nation.

Beginning with the lobbyists who essentially bribe the politicians and stack the laws, financial and justice systems to preserve and consolidate their wealth and power to the detriment of more pedestrian citizens; the bailouts that were not paid back; the return of business as usual; and finally to the Supreme Court ruling that corporations are 'persons', the 99% have decided that our system needs to change, radically. At minimum the people want money out of politics and for a redress of wall street's feckless mismanagement of the economy and for other mega-corporations who farm jobs overseas to leverage lower wages and benefits while maintaining and increasing their profits and lifestyles.

Is that cogent enough?

Comment

I support those people even if they supposedly dont have a definite goal in mind because they are right. If you are basing your opinion on these people because of a bunch of interviews that Fox news puts up where they obviously go interview an idiot to make the whole movement look bad then you are gullible or easily swayed by a controlled media.

These people have a legitimate reason to be upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
                  For someone as intelligent, informed and articulate as you can be, you missed this one big time. You're either willfully ignorant or mean spirited. If you would have watched the videos or have read the manifesto or even read some online literature about it you would have found that their complaints center largely around the corruption in politics via our bought politicians and, by extension, the plutocracy that we have allowed to take root in our nation.

Beginning with the lobbyists who essentially bribe the politicians and stack the laws, financial and justice systems to preserve and consolidate their wealth and power to the detriment of more pedestrian citizens; the bailouts that were not paid back; the return of business as usual; and finally to the Supreme Court ruling that corporations are 'persons', the 99% have decided that our system needs to change, radically. At minimum the people want money out of politics and for a redress of wall street's feckless mismanagement of the economy and for other mega-corporations who farm jobs overseas to leverage lower wages and benefits while maintaining and increasing their profits and lifestyles.

Is that cogent enough?
                  It's more cogent than is currently being peddled by those actually involved in the protests. A united front critical mass of involved voters calling unanimously for an end to the lobbying circus in congress would make politicians pay attention. There's votes in tham thar hills!

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    They're not protesting the existence of corporations.
                    They're protesting the power some corporations have over the government among a variety of other things. A big part of it deals with Banks..
                    I've also heard it had to do with mega-corporations like Starbucks and Walmart, that's why I mentioned that. Like I said, I have absolutely no idea what their main beef is even after watching several news reports about it (I know, last place I should go for anything informative).

Comment

Working...
                    X