Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Van Jones: How Do I Explain This to My Children?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    The "safe space" thing cuts both ways. There are plenty of websites and message boards that lean conservative that suppress, harass, and ban the views of liberals who go dare to go against the grain on them. Websites like 4chan, Breitbart, **********, and Trump's own subreddit (the_donald) being chief among them.

For all the crying your side does about my side's PC culture, you have your own culture of conservative correctness and safe spaces yourself.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Conservative_correctness

I'm not saying one side is right in doing it and the other is wrong. I'm just saying both sides are guilty of it and all it's doing is driving the divide even further because when you suppress an opposing view you cause the oppressed person to withdraw in to a bubble that feeds their confirmation bias.

Hence the results last night that very few saw coming.
    Both sides have their biases yes and things they do that irritate people, but the left started going off the deep end with all of their safe spaces, banning speakers with opposing views from college campuses, literally attempting to redefine the definition of gender, overblowing racism, sexism, getting offended by everything and everyone and the list goes on. The republicans won because they became a symbol of an angry reaction to The Democratic Party. The same thing happened when the Democrats were a reaction to Bushes awful time in office.

Comment

saw this on reddit, had to share.

Comment

My 29 yr old daughter said she was crying all day and my 34 yr old daughter in London was very worried about the election results because of all the whining on Facebook.

I told them.....and I'll tell all YOU children on this site...I've lived and survived through Nixon, Carter, Reagan, two Bushes, a Clinton and an Obama and we'll get through Trump too.

Stop whining and get back yo work.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          You look like a clueless moron blaming Obama for that. Unarmed black men being killed by police officers is not new or something that started after Obama became president. If your ignorant ass had done any research you would realize that this has been going on for years. The advent of video from phones is the reason why you can watch it on video now.

But you're an ignorant POS if you blame Obama for that. Go read a book or something. You're clearly uneducated on this topic.
          Typical response full of "shaming" nonsense. Do you realize that only weak-minded people think that **** actually works? How about this, I'll say again that Obama is responsible for unarmed people getting shot by cops, and you can't do anything about me saying it. His punk, effeminate ass couldn't care less, and more often than not sided with the police. Maybe you'll try to tell me that he's not responsible for extending the Bush Tax Cuts or the Patriot Act next.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post

This is how much of America and the world feels tonight; the racists (seduced in part by paid, Russian Internet trolls) have come out in full force to oppress their fellow man.

We must stand and face them.
            Uhhhh...you tell them that's how an election works. Matter of fact van, if you were being completely truthful, you would tell them you were a cog in the divisive media wheel that spewed a racist agenda 24/7

Comment

Comment

At least ppl should give Trump a chance. He won fair and square. The man is not even in office yet and ppl are crying....wtf? Let us see what he's made of....he could surprise us all and be one of the greatest president to ever take office.

Comment

Originally posted by JTfloyd View Post
                  Typical response full of "shaming" nonsense. Do you realize that only weak-minded people think that **** actually works? How about this, I'll say again that Obama is responsible for unarmed people getting shot by cops, and you can't do anything about me saying it. His punk, effeminate ass couldn't care less, and more often than not sided with the police. Maybe you'll try to tell me that he's not responsible for extending the Bush Tax Cuts or the Patriot Act next.
                  One thing you'll quickly learn about Joseph is that he not interested in facts. As long as he's right, and always will be right in his own mind, then that is all that matters to him. That, with the simple fact he is b1tchmade, results in the cuckery you see now and will see in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    My 29 yr old daughter said she was crying all day and my 34 yr old daughter in London was very worried about the election results because of all the whining on Facebook.

I told them.....and I'll tell all YOU children on this site...I've lived and survived through Nixon, Carter, Reagan, two Bushes, a Clinton and an Obama and we'll get through Trump too.

Stop whining and get back yo work.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                      At least ppl should give Trump a chance. He won fair and square. The man is not even in office yet and ppl are crying....wtf? Let us see what he's made of....he could surprise us all and be one of the greatest president to ever take office.
                      He has the House and Senate on his side too. So let's sit back and see how this plays out.

Comment

Working...
                      X