No announcement yet.

P4P championship Lineage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4P championship Lineage

The so called "pound for pound" title was made in honer of Sugar Ray Robinson because at his best it was thought that he could have only been beaten by a much larger man, yet if that larger man were the same size even with the same skills they had Ray would have most certainly came out victorius . So I thought I would try to place together a lineage of the so called pound for pound champions.
    • # 1 . Ray Robinson ...as said the title was made for him.
    • #2. I'm kinda lost as to who would have held it right after Ray but for now i'll give it to Ali
    • #3 Ray Leonard ...
    • #4 Roberto Duran
    • #5 Ray Leonard ...he wins the title back with his Duran rematch
    • # 6 ..Marvin Hagler ...with Leonard out of action Hagler takes it with wins over Hearns and Duran
    • #7 Julio Cesar Chavez ..yes SRL won the fight with Hagler but he was not at the top by that time. A young Chavez has began to take over
    • #8 Pernell Witaker ....With a close "loss" to JC he has shown that he is the best around
    • #9 James Toney ... With the skills he has shown against seasoned pros he is the new kid on the block
    • #10..Roy Jones ..With his wins over James Toney, Thomas Tate and Bernard Hopkins he looks unbeatable for years to come.
    • #11 ..Oscar Da La Hoya...Wi n after win over big names he takes the title around the time of his Whitaker fight
    • #12 Felix Trinidad .. Wins over DLH, Reid,and Vargas put him on top of the mountain
    • around this era, Roy Jones has become Undisputed LH champ , Hopkins has beat Tito and Mosley has beat DLH the p4p title is up for grabs
    • Flash forward ...Jones, Mosley,Trinidad,DLH have all fell off ...#14 Hopkins is the most dominate middleweight champion in years
    • #15. Floyd Maywether ...undefeated all the skills in the world ..he has taken the title by default as to looking more unstoppable, and with Hopkins loss to Taylor solidifies his claim.
    Last edited by THE REAL NINJA; 07-27-2007, 06:05 PM.

Sugar Ray was not unbeatable. He lost just like everybody else.

And Roy Jones JR is #1.

Comment

Sugar Ray was not unbeatable. He lost just like everybody else.

And Roy Jones JR is #1.
      ray Robinson was truely great, out of 200 fights he won 173 of them. I think he had a 75 fight winning streak where as Jones JR hasn't had 75 fights! Robinson was master of more than 1 weight division and and displayed a kind of skill not often seen.

Ray Robinson is the p4p king.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
        ray Robinson was truely great, out of 200 fights he won 173 of them. I think he had a 75 fight winning streak where as Jones JR hasn't had 75 fights! Robinson was master of more than 1 weight division and and displayed a kind of skill not often seen.

Ray Robinson is the p4p king.
        sugar ray was the greatest boxer of all time..........no contest

Comment

Not for me. He is the most complete fighter ever, but P4P i gotta give it to Roy Jones.

Comment

sugar ray was the greatest boxer of all time..........no contest
            Agreed. p4p sugar ray is king of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
              Not for me. He is the most complete fighter ever, but P4P i gotta give it to Roy Jones.
              well thats a good argument there...........i dont want to get into it though.

jones was amazing

Comment

Similar phrases have been said to describe Benny Leonard and Harry Greb. It wasn't "pound for pound" but very close, something to the extent of "greatest fighter of any poundage." They should be placed before Ray Robinson...chronologically of course.

After Robinson, there were a slue of fighters that could've claimed the title "best p4p": Eder Jofre, Carlos Monzon, Ali.

Comment

Yaman, are you saying Roy Jones is the greatest fighter of all-time p4p?

Comment

Originally posted by cple
                    Yaman, are you saying Roy Jones is the greatest fighter of all-time p4p?
                    Thats my opinion, yes. I know people are gonna disagree, thats why im not gonna shove it down their throat

Im not taking credit away from SRR. He is a true legend ofcource.

Comment

Working...
                    X