No announcement yet.

Manny - JMM's style against Manny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
    You're supposed to move clockwise against a southpaw.

It's no secret, they teach it in gyms all around the world

i know moving to the left is a "basic" move against southpaws, it's not just moving the to left, although it is part jmm's move. it's not that simple especially against manny, ask barrera, morales, cotto, ledwaba, dela hoya, and all other great/good fighters manny fought and destroyed.

in addition to moving to the left, jmm slips/bobs to his left while he side steps with his lead (left) foot, then pivots (right). he ends up at 45 degrees, sometimes 90 degress to the right of manny well hidden from the left hand. if can re-watch their fights and you know boxing like you claim you do. you'll see what im talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by casual hero View Post
      What this guy says. One of the most fundamental techniques when fighting a southpaw along with the straight right down the pipe.

Message to the T'S you are not the Messiah you are only saying what every coach is telling any young amateur when training for his first fight with a southpaw.
      The fact that it took you 25 rounds to figure this out, shows exactly how much you know about boxing.

JMM has success against Pac because he is a very effective counter puncher with great timing.

im not claiming to be the messiah of boxing or trying to be arrogant, but it is not impossible that great fighters and trainer overlook something and people outside their team to will notice.

i know moving to left is the basic fundamental against southpaw. it's not just moving to the left. it's not that simple.

in addition to moving to the left, jmm slips/bobs to his left while he side steps with his lead (left) foot, then pivots (right). he ends up at 45 degrees, sometimes 90 degress to the right of manny well hidden from the left hand. if you can re-watch their fights and you know boxing like you claim you do. you'll see what im talking about.

like i said im not a messiah of boxing, so i didn't realize it until after the 1st round of the third fight, i was yelling at the t.v and was hoping Roach would catch what jmm was doing. but we all know what happened.
      Last edited by woopwoop; 10-28-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by woopwoop View Post
        i know moving to the left is a "basic" move against southpaws, it's not just moving the to left, although it is part jmm's move. it's not that simple especially against manny, ask barrera, morales, cotto, ledwaba, dela hoya, and all other great/good fighters manny fought and destroyed.

in addition to moving to the left, jmm slips/bobs to his left while he side steps with his lead (left) foot, then pivots (right). he ends up at 45 degrees, sometimes 90 degress to the right of manny well hidden from the left hand. if can re-watch their fights and you know boxing like you claim you do. you'll see what im talking about.

Again... It's not a matter of knowing, it's a matter o being able to do it. Just ask Hatton. All throughout training camp he talked about what Manny does...manny still did it. Everybody knows what Marquez is doing right. You can't just have knowldge, you have to know how to apply it.... And even then, this is boxing...Which means even if you know HOW to apply it, it doesn't mean you're being allowed to. Marquez is simply craftier, that's really all there is to it. Pacquiao's only real advantage on JMM is his physical attributes (such as speed, power) bu JMM has the intagibles of the sport. JMM just knows how to fight against Pac. Pac can be very predictable but it doesn't mean you can stop him from doing his thing.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
          JMM Figured Pacquiao out after the first round of their first fight, and has been successful with his adjustment ever since. If Pacquiao hasn't figured out what he has to do to win after 3 fights, he's not going to get it now.

& honestly, I don't think it's simply knowing what to do against Marquez, it's actually implementing it. I think Pac and Roach have known what they have to do for some time, they just haven't been able to do it.
          nice post, i only agree on the part jmm figuring out manny after the firsrt round of their first fight, i'm assuming during his survival mode. because Manny was tagging him with the straight left at will most of the first round, except the in the last secs or so of the first round.

as for the rest of your post, imo, Roach had no idea. it's possible too you know, with all due respect to Roach.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            Again... It's not a matter of knowing, it's a matter o being able to do it. Just ask Hatton. All throughout training camp he talked about what Manny does...manny still did it. Everybody knows what Marquez is doing right. You can't just have knowldge, you have to know how to apply it.... And even then, this is boxing...Which means even if you know HOW to apply it, it doesn't mean you're being allowed to. Marquez is simply craftier, that's really all there is to it. Pacquiao's only real advantage on JMM is his physical attributes (such as speed, power) bu JMM has the intagibles of the sport. JMM just knows how to fight against Pac. Pac can be very predictable but it doesn't mean you can stop him from doing his thing.
            what did you hear from Mayweather Sr.? what did Hatton/Floyd Sr. train about? do you know what strategy they have? were you there during their training? if anything all fans heard from Hatton is the "right hook roll under" statement from Hatton. and they think that is all manny have, nothing else, Floyd Sr. was more focused on himself looking good during that training.

do not compare Manny and Hatton on how they would implement the strategy, although they're both dedicated and train their ass off everytime, that is why they are both champs, they are two different individuals, fighters, skill level, athletic ability, etc, different altogether as boxers.

applying the strategy is really up to the fighter but i have not seen any hint that Roach prepared Pac for such move from jmm.

and do you think we would have seen a 3rd fight if what you say is true that Roach figured jmm out and manny just cannot execute/implement the counter strategy? i dont think so. there would have been no 3rd fight, there no point of 3rd fight if roach knows manny cannot execute game plan/strategy in first 2 fights against jmm. there is no game plan or counter strategy. imo.

i disagree with your post.
            Last edited by woopwoop; 10-28-2012, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
              I didn't bother reading the whole of your "letter" because the fact is, Manny, Roach, his entire team know what JMM does to them but it is one thing to know, another thing to counteract it. JMM/Manny are perfect foils for each other, it's not as if Manny doesn't give the great Marquez any problems. As long as these two get in a ring together, they will keep providing world class entertainment.
              really, is that a fact? prove it. i disagree with you, i have not seen a slightest hint that Roach prepared Manny for such technique or move from JMM in their 3 fights. excluding the 1st rd of the first fight.

let's see this time around
              Last edited by woopwoop; 10-28-2012, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X