Amir KHAN on Roach: "My Opponents Knew Exactly What I Would Do..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir KHAN on Roach: "My Opponents Knew Exactly What I Would Do..."

Amir Khan speaks out on Boxing Trainer, Freddie Roach
    By Johnny Benz, Doghouse Boxing (Oct 4, 2012)

By Johnny Benz, Doghouse Boxing.

Amir Khan faces off against the unbeaten Carlos Molina this coming December 15th. It will be his first fight under the tutelage of trainer Virgil Hunter. As you know by now, Khan recently dropped the services of Freddie Roach. In a recent interview with Sky Sports, Khan gave some of his thoughts on his relationship with Roach.

"The focus wasn't there as much and we kept on doing the same things in the gym," Khan told Sky, regarding his training with Roach. Khan added: "and that is probably why a lot of fighters that I fought knew exactly what I was going to do."

Khan doesn't have any hard feelings, noting that he learned most of his stuff from Roach and that they would always remain friends.

"I've learned most of the things I have to from Freddie Roach, he is a great trainer and we are always going to be friends," said Khan.

Check out from today, Actor Liam Neeson talking about Boxing. It's a damn good interview and I highly recommend it. Watch the ESPN video interview by clicking this link now:Neeson on Pacquiao, Bradley, Tyson, Marquez, Foreman

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz_1004ff12.htm

I have to agree.

When I was watching Khan-Garcia, I tweeted in the second round that if Garcia could shorten his hook, he would catch Khan. As it happen, Danny didn't really need to shorten the hook. Khan just got lazy and comfortable/confident. Two rounds later, BOOM.

It was evident that Garcia knew what openings would be there.

Comment

People know what Manny Pacquiao is going to do too. But they can't stop it from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Good Goyim
        Bitter, bitter Khan tears. So delicious.

I think Khan is the most popular fighter in terms of who people want to see get KO'd.
        that is good for him

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
          People know what Manny Pacquiao is going to do too. But they can't stop it from happening.
          Manny has the chin to take the fire. If you are going to be a high risk fighter, you gotta have the durability for it.

Shane Mosley was willing to trade to hit you.

Comment

of course they knew...just target the chin and it's bye bye amir

Comment

thats not roaches fault

its yours for being 1 dimensional

I would like to see Zab get revenge for that low blow

Comment

Comment

This is the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard from Khan. here boy

Comment

Whatever Khan, they know to just aim for that chin with the durability of wet toilet paper.

Comment

Working...
                    X