Jackson by ud
    0.00%
    Jackson by ko
    29.41%
    Benn by ud
    11.76%
    Benn by ko
    58.82%
    Last edited by Toney616; 05-14-2011, 07:58 AM.

Benn by decision.

Comment

Nigel Benn early doors by KO

The tension would be thick in the room while this fight lasted - either man capable of ending it at any given time

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Benn by decision.
        I think this fight would be a war that ends with someone winning by ko

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          Nigel Benn early doors by KO

The tension would be thick in the room while this fight lasted - either man capable of ending it at any given time
          Good point. Because of their power and less than granite chins this fight could go either way.

Comment

Assuming this fight is at 160 i think jackson would stop him in around 6rd. in my opinion Benn was alittle to wild at this weight didnt have the same punch resistance that he had at 168. but either way i dont see this fight going past 6or 7 rds

Comment

If Jackson's gonna ko him, it'll have to be somewhere within the opening 10 secs of whatever round it ends in. I can only see Benn getting done on his way in which is precisely where he'd be heading. Up close, i'd say Benn does the most damage, stopping a bloodied and dazed Jackson in the mid to late rounds.

Comment

jackson kills him, different class of fighters imo. also keep in mind benn was wild and chinny at 160lbs, jackson had the ability to box when he needed to and had a great chin in his prime.

fake fans look at boxrec and see the KOs he suffered when he was completely shot and say he had a weak chin, but they didnt follow his career and see how durable he was in his prime and how far he had slipped when he lost those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  jackson kills him, different class of fighters imo. also keep in mind benn was wild and chinny at 160lbs, jackson had the ability to box when he needed to and had a great chin in his prime.

fake fans look at boxrec and see the KOs he suffered when he was completely shot and say he had a weak chin, but they didnt follow his career and see how durable he was in his prime and how far he had slipped when he lost those fights.
                  Showed a very good chin at 154, but i wouldn't bank on it at 160.
                  He was getting knocked scatty by the comparitively light punching Herol Graham b4 landing his sunday punch and never really faced a ferocious puncher until getting ko'd by McClellan.

I can understand the argument for Benn being wild and chinny, but i'd say it was more a case of him gassing out. He was taken to school by Michael Watson quite early in his career and came back as a much better fighter for it, only getting stopped on his feet by the iron chinned Chris Eubank who somehow withstood some brutally flush shots, shots that spun his head 180 degrees and made him bite his tongue in half. Shots which my opinion would have been too much for Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                    Showed a very good chin at 154, but i wouldn't bank on it at 160.
                    He was getting knocked scatty by the comparitively light punching Herol Graham b4 landing his sunday punch and never really faced a ferocious puncher until getting ko'd by McClellan.

I can understand the argument for Benn being wild and chinny, but i'd say it was more a case of him gassing out. He was taken to school by Michael Watson quite early in his career and came back as a much better fighter for it, only getting stopped on his feet by the iron chinned Chris Eubank who somehow withstood some brutally flush shots, shots that spun his head 180 degrees and made him bite his tongue in half. Shots which my opinion would have been too much for Jackson.
                    jacksons eye was bothering him against graham, he wasnt getting hurt by punches to the chin. i agree jackson would not be able to take flush shots form benn consistantly. but i think benn would take jacksons punches even worse, in fact i dont think he would take them at all. jackson imo has a light edge in punch resistance over benn and a big edge in power, benn wa s agreat puncher but jackson was the greatest... ever.

on top of that he was more skilled. he like benn got overconfident at times and fought wild, but when he knew he had a dangerous guy in front of him he boxed very well.

Comment

Working...
                    X