Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I get the Porter fight..but why does Danny Garcia act like he fought Thurman close?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get the Porter fight..but why does Danny Garcia act like he fought Thurman close?

It was an 8-4 affair, at the time of the fight like 90 percent of the people agreed Thurman won. I believe Porter has a right and his fight was much closer, but I don't get people trying to lump their fights together. Thurman beat Garcia clearly after a layoff.

Because it was a split decision.. even if we all saw it differently he can try and make a case that it was close based on the scorecards.

Comment

He landed good shots and defended well but still lost the rounds

Danny should watch the fight and see why

Comment

Danny Garcia has better judges than Canelo...sooo

Comment

and people on this forum act like danny garcia is a level above porter too lol. as if porter wouldnt have been able to beat the guys that garcia has

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
            Thurman beat Garcia clearly after a layoff.
            I thought it was a close fight for Thurman. If you think it was 8-4, you're a biased Thurman fan. Garcia gave away too many early rounds and in a rematch he can make that adjustment easily.

It wasn't a year either, it was 8.5 months.

Comment

It was Porter's best performance thus far.
              I was expecting a fight riddled with head butts and clinches as a result of Porter's bulldozing style.
              I was pleasantly surprised there was none of that.
              It was an extremely entertaining fight.
              I was okay with a draw.

Comment

Thurman beat Garcia clear as day. Thurman-Porter was a bit closer though.

Comment

I thought Thurman had the early rounds easy and Garcia came on strong in the later half of the fight, I think Thurman won, but it was a good competitive fight.

Comment

Thurman clearly won 5 of the first 7 rounds easy. I give Garcia three of the remaining 5 rounds. 2 of those were toss up rounds. 7-5 is how I score it and that's being generous to Danny. it wasn't a close fight by any means. Close fights could go either way. This one could only go one way, Thurman's way.

Comment

Working...
                    X