Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: Canelo, Golovkin Need Saunders' Belt Before They Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saunders needs them to be anything relevant at all.I guess Canelo might want Saunders title to make him and Golovkin a unification,but neither of them will ever need Saunders really.Which is a shame,because despite being a turdwipe,I do rate Billy Joe skillwise.

Comment

So: early 2017 is likely to represent a "sales season" for BJS' belt, right?

Now: I don't think that Canelo would be very eager to meet the shrewd Gypsy in his first full 160 fight... But in case he is paying handsomely, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by CAMPER View Post
        If Canelo was able to land a make a close fight against a slick fighter like Lara, then he'll definitely be able to catch BJS.
        I can't remember the punch stats for Canelo/Lara, but they probably landed less punches on each other combined than Wlad landed on Fury while losing his title!

That was the nearest thing to a non-contact boxing match I've ever seen, or ever want to see. Canelo deserved the nod, because he at least looked like he was trying to make a fight of it.

And that's about the only good thing I can say about his performance in that fight ... he was trying.
        Last edited by kafkod; 10-04-2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment

out of all the fighters active at 160 BJS has the best chance to go the full 12 with Triple GGG as for canola BJS will absolutely humiliate canola make him look like a novice and knock him out both fishnets and canola know this and will duck BJS like they have ducked Triple GGG BJS is far to slick for a plodding flat footed coward like canola

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            I can't remember the punch stats for Canelo/Lara, but they probably landed less punches on each other combined than Wlad landed on Fury while losing his title!

That was the nearest thing to a non-contact boxing match I've ever seen, or ever want to see. Canelo deserved the nod, because he at least looked like he was trying to make a fight of it.

And that's about the only good thing I can say about his performance in that fight ... he was trying.
            Total Punches
            Alvarez: 97 / 415 (23%)
            Lara: 107 / 386 (28%)

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...-lara-compubox

Fury: 86 of 371 punches for a connect percentage of 23%...
            Klitschko: 52 of 231 punches for a connect percentage of 23%...

... So: Klitschko and Fury landed/thrown less...

http://www.************.com/2015/11/...l-punch-stats/

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Total Punches
              Alvarez: 97 / 415 (23%)
              Lara: 107 / 386 (28%)

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...-lara-compubox

Fury: 86 of 371 punches for a connect percentage of 23%...
              Klitschko: 52 of 231 punches for a connect percentage of 23%...

... So: Klitschko and Fury landed/thrown less...

http://www.************.com/2015/11/...l-punch-stats/
              Fury/Wlad was a chess match type fight with occasional exchanges of real full blooded, punches, and in the last 2 rounds they went for it and both landed clean and hard.

With Canelo/Lara it was just flicky, tippy tappy punches the whole 12 rounds. I honestly don't recall either of them landing a single clean, full blooded punch on the other throughout the entire fight, apart from a couple of body shots from Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by CAMPER View Post
                If Canelo was able to land a make a close fight against a slick fighter like Lara, then he'll definitely be able to catch BJS.
                Canelo vs BJS could well end up being a similar type of fight to Canelo vs Lara, and with the same out-come - Canelo getting the nod and a lot of fans complaining that he was gifted it by the judges. Canelo doesn't need another controversial decision win like that, which is why I don't think Oscar will make the match.

Comment

Fury/Wlad was a chess match type fight with occasional exchanges of real full blooded, punches, and in the last 2 rounds they went for it and both landed clean and hard.

With Canelo/Lara it was just flicky, tippy tappy punches the whole 12 rounds. I honestly don't recall either of them landing a single clean, full blooded punch on the other throughout the entire fight, apart from a couple of body shots from Canelo.
                  IMO, one cannot even compare these two fights: Wlad vs Fury was about three belts on the table and the "lineal title"... Canelo vs Lara was at a CW, with no belt on the table -- Lara kept his belt and grabbed the money...

Comment

You've never heard of Chris Eubank Jnr or Andy Lee? Nah ... probably not.
                    2 fighters of note on his entire resume. One a prospect who was not highly ranked the other a career C level fighter who won a paper title and was also not highly ranked. Now name the rest of the bums on Saunders resume. Or the bum he's fighting next who isn't on anybodies Middleweight rankings and has been fighting 8 round fights. You a GGG fanboy so no wonder you defending Saunders he might be the one fighter with a weaker resume then GGG.
                    Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-04-2016, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
                      he couldve cemented a match with canelo if he fought the rosado, dont know what's wrong with these fools
                      For your information, BJS had no intentions to fight Rosado since GGG and even Lemieux already beat him but was willing to fight him IF CANELO WOULD BE NEXT. Team Yellow did not want to sign a contract.

Just saying...

Comment

Working...
                      X