No announcement yet.

Do you support assisted suicide?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you support assisted suicide?

Simple question, really. One which I'm hoping will lead to some interesting (and intelligent) debate.

So, do you?
    Yes.
    87.23%
    No.
    6.38%
    Undecided.
    6.38%

Yes, if I was injured and a cabbage & unable to do much I would want to be turned into worm food pronto. I would need help, so damn right I support it..take me away

Comment

if we as humans can see a dog in suffering or any other animal for that fact we would put the animal to sleep because its in pain,why cant we see it as humans that when people suffer life dibilitating illnesses we should consider the same.

Comment

Yes 100% if regulated correctly.

No mentally fit person should be forced to live a life they don't want to, they have the right to their own life and should be able to die peacefully if they wish.

A few necessary regulations.
        - Must be a 2 year process (or something)
        - The person must pass all mental health tests.
        - It must happen through a GP or medical professional who has known the patient for a while.
        - The person must kill themselves ie: drink their own poison.

I also feel people who are "brain dead" should be helped to die after a time period or if someone is in severe pain but can no longer ask for Euthanasia because of their disease or illness.

The latter can be a slippy slope though.

The only issue is family members pressuring older, less mentally strong people into doing it to inherit their money, or so they don't have to look after them.

I done this stuff a few years ago in school in RMPS (religious, moral, philosophical, social) , remember the basics of what I decided at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
          if we as humans can see a dog in suffering or any other animal for that fact we would put the animal to sleep because its in pain,why cant we see it as humans that when people suffer life dibilitating illnesses we should consider the same.
          people are crazy.

Comment

Yes with a strict and and meticulous procedure.

If a human being is suffering then it's inhumane to allow them to carry on just because our life is seen so precious. We give livestock/pets better treatment if they're suffering then our own species, how humane is that?

I find it backwards and astounding that we try everything in our power to help deformed babies survive, even though if nature took her course they'd die and on the other hand, we prolong a person's suffering.

Think of all the people they kill for crimes they've committed, healthy human beings. Yet they allow decent, ill ones to suffer...

...I could go on.

Comment

For the record, I'm a strong advocate of assisted suicide so long as it's in the case of terminal illness or otherwise unimaginable suffering, and carried out by a medical professional. I find it absolutely appalling that it's still considered illegal in the majority of so-called 'humane' societies.

Comment

what ever happen to "free will" ?

Comment

Please don't forget to vote in the polls, guys.

I want to try to get as large a number of votes on this one as possible.

Comment

voted Yes!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X